Best way to use the PS4 Controller for PC

So I am thinking about replacing my old xbox 360 controller with a PS4 one. Since I want to use it as a wireless controller and I dont have integrated bluebooth, I`ll have to get some kind of adapter. But there are bluetoothsticks for 10€ to 50€ official sonysticks. So my question is if I need to pay the full 50€ or if I can get a cheaper alternative and still get the full benefit.

I'm using the USB-BT400 from Asus which is working fine ?

7 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

You would also need this program: http://ds4windows.com/

As far as I remember, PS4 doesn't natively work on Windows. This program tricks Windows in thinking that it's an Xbox controller.

That program works great i use it on all my steam games with my ps4 controller!

I only use DS4 for steam games, no need for extra programs as steam automatically detects it through a ~$15 usb bluetooth adapter i bought from walmart.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Any Bluetooth 2.0+EDR or later adapter will work. I am using a Logitech USB adapter from circa-2006 and it works without any problems.

you don't need to pay that much for a dongle.

I found a dongle on a hp printer works fine with all my 3 ps3 controllers simultaneously

I plug my DS4 in via micro USB, steam picks it up and through the Desktop Configuration under Controller settings in steam it will just emulate as a gamepad whenever not in a steam game.

7 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

You would also need this program: http://ds4windows.com/

As far as I remember, PS4 doesn't natively work on Windows. This program tricks Windows in thinking that it's an Xbox controller.

I does work natively on Windows as a basic game pad.  If you want full features you can use Steam. It will work system wide, not just in Steam games, so long as you have Steam running in the background.