Mining w/o Electric Bill

Hey all,

So my current housing situation comes with all utilities paid, notably electricity. I have an i7-9700k, 2080 TI, 1TB M.2 SSD, 16GB RAM, 850W PSU. Given it would cost me nothing to do so, I have been thinking about using my computer for mining as a side project. As such, what is the best coin option (in your opinion) for me to mine as of January 2019? Thanks all.

Basically turning your landlord's electric bill into a slight reduction in his/her heating bill

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

You will get something like 10 $ a month if you mine 24/7, but if you want to heat your room for free, then go for it.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

• 2 weeks later...

what to mine varies, the current "hot coin" is GRIN, but who knows if it will still be worth it by the time you earn enough to get a payout from your pool. As someone with well over a YEAR of mining under my belt at this point. if you want an easy set and forget you can just use Nicehash, except use the custom built version of Legacy from the Dev Angelbbs as that dev has the best miners for all of Nicehashes supported algo's so you can maximize your hashrate, CPU mining is essentially DEAD, like pennies a day DEAD just to burn out your motherboard VRM's so thats not worth doing, if you DO mine on your GPU be sure to lower your power limit down significantly, like drop it to 80%, maybe lower (depends on the algo what is the sweet spot for your card) and bump your fan speed to keep your card under 70c (I personally target under 60c before I went Hybrid, now they stay under 45c).

On 1/27/2019 at 4:05 AM, Daniel644 said:

you can just use Nicehash, except use the custom built version of Legacy from the Dev Angelbbs as that dev has the best miners for all of Nicehashes supported algo's so you can maximize your hashrate,

could you link that?

6 minutes ago, CryptoGeek said:

Ye, I would mine GRIN, its up now, at ~5USD now. Very profitable. You would be making over 10USD per DAY! Very profitable.

Wow, that’s A lot, before you know it, you can buy a new house!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

• 1 month later...

You could always mine with a VPS. I saw this article on Monero VPS Mining the other day. There's absolutely no electricity bill there :D. Of course, it's not profitable either haha.

Use something like https://whattomine.com/ to see if it's worth mining. I run miners on my devices while I use them. Doesn't earn much but better than nothing.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:12 PM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

But if want to heat your room via your computer, by all means, go for it.

As someone who has done this with folding at home, I highly recommend it.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:55 PM, Billy Pilgrim said:

As someone who has done this with folding at home, I highly recommend it.

Second that :) (though Eth mining)

• 3 months later...