Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

So wait... The CPU box isn't a real thing? Next thing you'll tell me is that the motherboard drive isn't real either...

Neither is the motherdrive or hardboard. Sorry to break it to you. /s

Ok, my list. Here goes...

•When my case doesn't have cable management

•Alienware is good

•Xbox is better because of COD

•The forward tippy thing on chairs

•Lenovo's keyboard shenanigans. Really? Had to switch FN and CTRL, didn't you?

•People not listening to reason

•$product1 vs $product2. Each one has its own strengths and weaknesses. *ahem ahem*PCvsConsole*ahem ahem*

•Macs. The only thing they're good for is Facebook, Google Drive, and the F@H chrome client.

•My computer.

•Monitor bezels

•Teachers that can't do anything with tech

•Apple. Sure they have beautiful design, and I want a G5 for the case only, but the hardware is overpriced and underpowered for that price.

•4G LTE. It's slower than WiFi.

•Our office is downstairs, so there goes the Ethernet cable.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just hate so many things.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Neither is the motherdrive or hardboard. Sorry to break it to you. /s

If the hardboard isn't real, where do all the extra downloaded gigahertz get stored?

Funny car story, in high school I had a friend who got his drivers license a bit older than the rest of us did. I jokingly told him to monitor his blinker fluid and to change the clutch belt every 6 months or so. I didn't realize he had no car knowledge and actually believed me. I do admit, I felt a little bad, but it was pretty funny.

Reputation man,

What reputation do they have other then selling very aesthetically pleasing products and having a head-boss that was a marketing god (clearly, or they wouldn't have been successful)

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

What reputation do they have other then selling very aesthetically pleasing products and having a head-boss that was a marketing god (clearly, or they wouldn't have been successful)

Sorry but have you even seen the price of their laptops? They are overpriced as fuck!

Sorry but have you even seen the price of their laptops? They are overpriced as fuck!

As are "Alienware" dell laptops? :lol:

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

As are "Alienware" dell laptops? :lol:

No. The Alienware laptops are decently priced. The worst is Apple.

No. The Alienware laptops are decently priced. The worst is Apple.

No, considering a laptop with an i7 and 960m would generally cost around $1500 AUD from MSI yet an Alienware equivelant would cost >$2k I wouldnt say it is decently priced at all.

The worst isn't apple, the worst is people ripping apple for no reason other then not knowing any better and thinking they are "cool" for jumping on the bandwagon.

Check your PC history bud, Apple made this shit universal

Apple.

I hate them. I bought a MacBook Air two years ago that I use for school (it's still a great machine for essays and such). They had to replace the "logic board" and screen. Now, after waiting 3 days for the repair and a week they need to give me a new board. The replacement board was defective and my teacher is all up in my ass because I can't do any work due to Apple's fuck up.

Cable management

Someone using my pc

Lagging

Horrible put together computers

Noobs

People with the nzxt rgb led 3.5in bay kit with them hanging all over the place

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Using the schools "wifi"...said some teacher its called bandwidth dust I litteraly clean my dust filters every 2 weeks

EA: "The next-gem consoles will be a whole processor generation ahead of the PC Desktop Platform"

Me: Hahaha, it's funny because your using AMD...

(Please note, I am not an INTEL / NVidia fanboy, I'm just pointing out the fact that AMD processors are usually 1-2+ generations behind the bleeding edge)

Having a ton of background programs running during Windows Startup. MSConfig > Startup > Disable All

• 2 weeks later...

Having a ton of background programs running during Windows Startup. MSConfig > Startup > Disable All

But I need Dropbox, Steam, last.fm, f.lux and Unified Remote to be on at all times. D:

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

I have a couple too I can't rid of...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Only an issue if you're using a slower HDD. With an SSD it's not much of a problem. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

trashy "gaming" products

an example would be the ASUS VG248QE, it has a massive 3D thing on the stand and it pisses me off but I'm too lazy to paint over it.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

1) When people don't know how the taskbar works... SERIOUSLY, you can MOVE the icons.

2) When people have IE on their taskbar.

3) When the keyboard stand is broken. HOW CAN YOU BREAK THAT?!?!!?!?

4) When there are too many things in the Notification Tray.

5) Cable management in a Cooler Master Elite 110

6) Grainy icons on the taskbar.

7) When people think Skyrim is the only Elder Scrolls game.

Core i3-4150 | MSI B85I |EVGA GTX 750ti |Cooler Master Elite 110

People ejecting USBs when they've been doing nothing for 20 minutes.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

People who think FTL travel is completely impossible.

sort of tech related I guess.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People who think FTL travel is completely impossible.

sort of tech related I guess.

thats complicated...as it requires negative energy/mass(which may or may not exist and and almost all space experts agree that the energy requirements make it impossible or impractical currenlty )...and i dont want to try and explain it anymore than that.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

tfw you're too poor to afford discrete graphics better than a GT 240

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

People who bring in laptops covered in grime, food, and what looks like bodily fluids, on the keyboard of a laptop. I've refused a machine till they wiped it down, then I'll use a cloth with rubbing alcohol.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

I always have an ungodly amount of tabs open. Pet peeve for me is cluttered desktop.

People that think beats are the best headphones ever.

PC SPECS: CPU: i5 4460, MOBO: Asrock H97 Anniversary, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x8GB, GPU: MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB, CASE: Cooler Master N200, Storage: 1TB WD Blue, PSU: Coasair CX600

Active Folder