Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

Are mine okay? For being a n00b with pictures? And manual settings? On a 10MP camera from 2008? http://imgur.com/a/biVFH#0

Yeah, that's actually not too bad. Natural light would have made it better, but overall good for what your conditions were. The only thing I really dislike is when people have completely removeable dust in close-ups. It only takes a second to wipe off and it makes it so much more better.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Wires!
Desktop full of shit!

Bad cable managment!
Medium graphics!

SLOW INTERNET!
Windows!
Chrome, Firefox! (Opera ftw)

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

1: When people call any form of the internet "Wifi".

2: When people get game developers confused with game publishers

3: When people say the Xbox One, oh oh im sorry, the "VCR" is better than the PS4

4: When people don't you their mouse wheel and scroll down the page either by sliding it or using the up and down arrows.

5: When game developers make their games use the  25px-U%2B2190.svg.png12px-U%2B2191.svg.png14px-U%2B2193.svg.png25px-U%2B2192.svg.png keys instead of the WASD keys and I have to go manually change them.

6: When a game has Online DRM

7: When installers try to sneak unwanted software onto me

9: When I have no option to select a destination folder for install.

10: People saying Google+ is good.  

11: Micro-transactions

12: Pay To Win games. 

13: Unskippable cut-scenes in a game. 

if I think of anymore I will add to my list. 

Pinning a bunch of things to the taskbar annoys me. At least  with he desktop it is covered up, whereas it is ever present on the taskbar.

Probably already pointed out, but you can hide the taskbar as well...

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

People who I study with who think its so neat to order files in folders in folders in folders in folders LIKE EVERY FREAKING FILE NEEDS A SEPARATE FOLDER.

Also, McAfee Installation at Adobe Reader. I mean, after all those years, always  :(  ?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

People who dont know the difference between network and Internet. 

I had a buddy at my place a while ago and I needed to transfer a couple of files to his laptop, so I plugged in an extra network cable to his notebook and transferred the files to him. he immediately responds "Wow! how fast is your internet?"

That made me

facepalm_Picard_zps9005eb5e.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

• Windows
  • renaming files in Windows
  • fanboys
  • people who say "Windows is customizable" when you can't even change the modifier keys in the control panel
  • desktop shortcuts for applications
  • people who touch / poke displays
  • tearing
  • TN panel displays
  • VGA
  • HDMI
  • messy desks
  • "PC master race"
  • people who don't know about the subject and are giving advice
  • "gamer" look & asthetic
  • mouse acceleration & input lag
  • low framerate
  • unnecessary stuff
  • bad audio
  • non-standards

I guess this is a bit of a longer list than needed, but oh well.

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Trolls who troll you and then go "Well, I don't want to be confused for being a troll - so we'll end this here. Bye!" Who are you trying to convince, really?

Thoroughness rating
#########

fanboi's that call you out for being a fanboi at even the mention of the competitor, I see this mostly with amd vs nvidia.  and this goes both ways, I don't need anyone calling me out for being an nvidia fanboi just cause I happen to have an nvidia card right now.  I buy the best gpu available at the time of purchase

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

fanboi's that call you out for being a fanboi at even the mention of the competitor, I see this mostly with amd vs nvidia.  and this goes both ways, I don't need anyone calling me out for being an nvidia fanboi just cause I happen to have an nvidia card right now.  I buy the best gpu available at the time of purchase

@TheRuke

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I don't even call you a Fanboy anymore. If you just walk in into the classroom whispering NVIDIAHHHHH I just reply by saying AAAAEEEMMMMDEEEE or RADEONNNNNNN. You don't just "Mention the competitor" you say Nvidia is better in some way.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I concur with OP. Messy workstations are the worst.

Other thing might be forum flame war over techie stuff. Totally absurd. Neither will back down and both want to have the last word.

*edit: and why can't I find display port cables at local BestBuy or Target stores? They only sell HDMI in local stores and have to buy DP cable online.

Apple.

ROFL

I also have a slight hatred that burns with the strength of ten thousand suns for tech ignorants, cables, dust, unorganized pc insides, unorganized desks, bad headphones, overpriced stuff, and most of all: UNMACHING PC COLOR SCHEMES (dun dun dun)!!!

Join the Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate in Star Citizen 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Enlist NOW to join the fleet!!!

ROFL

I also have a slight hatred that burns with the strength of ten thousand suns for tech ignorants, cables, dust, unorganized pc insides, unorganized desks, bad headphones, overpriced stuff, and most of all: UNMACHING PC COLOR SCHEMES (dun dun dun)!!!

Sorry for my ignorance. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I forgot AMD customer service

What about Corsair customer service. Yikes... Dell is one of the best IMO.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

• 3 months later...

1. low dpi mice if i cant move from one side to the other of a 1080 p monitor in 1 inch of movement its taking way to long

An inch isn't a measurement of time unless everyone moves their hand at the exact same speed. Some people prefer lower DPI for better precision, and move their hands faster to compensate.

Also, I present to you : The "SSD Hard Drive".

An inch isn't a measurement of time unless everyone moves their hand at the exact same speed. Some people prefer lower DPI for better precision, and move their hands faster to compensate.

Also, I present to you : The "SSD Hard Drive".

I never said an inch was a measurement of time its a physical distance but if I bet you can move and inch faster then you can move 5 inches

people that dont use short cuts like ctrl+v ctrl+c ctrl+a

• Windows 
  • renaming files in Windows
  • fanboys
  • people who say "Windows is customizable" when you can't even change the modifier keys in the control panel fanboys
  • desktop shortcuts for applications
  • people who touch / poke displays but its fun... it does all weird colored
  • tearing
  • TN panel displays
  • VGA
  • HDMI whats wrong with HDMI?
  • messy desks
  • "PC master race"
  • people who don't know about the subject and are giving advice
  • "gamer" look & asthetic
  • mouse acceleration & input lag
  • low framerate
  • unnecessary stuff
  • bad audio
  • non-standards

I guess this is a bit of a longer list than needed, but oh well.

Added some coments/questions

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

People not typing in home position.

Not being able to buy everything ever. 

Dick moves by tech companies. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

People not typing in home position.

Not being able to buy everything ever. 

Dick moves by tech companies. 

99% of everyone doesn't type in home position :P

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †