Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xrex64

Your Tech Pet Peeves

Posted · Original PosterOP

I didn't realize you couldn't read my list and figure out what they were for yourself. Next time I talk to you I'll give you a definition of each word. 

P.S. I would have gladly put a definition if you asked, but I guess I just wont. Maybe if someone else asks me nicely. 

And by the way, it seems you didn't read it fully because I said "Here are some of my pet peeves or or things that bug me.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I noticed that if you have soup at your desk, the soup can easily get drops on the screen if the water falls from your spoon right :P

I sit a decent distance away from my PC so that is not a issue.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Tearing

V-sync

Dealing with cable management

Trying to put a 3.5" drive in the Prodigy M

I'm doing a build in one soon, why doesn't it work well?

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

I'm doing a build in one soon, why doesn't it work well?

You can either put it on the bottom or on a little bridge type thing on the side. It is just annoying. Thinking back I would use the bottom mount and install it before to put everything else in.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

You can either put it on the bottom or on a little bridge type thing on the side. It is just annoying. Thinking back I would use the bottom mount and install it before to put everything else in.

Thanks

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Small mouse pads, I bought a 10 inch by 11 inch one. It is almost the length of my keyboard. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

1. Right click, open in new tab. Come on just middle click it.

2. People who use a closed laptop as part of the desk. I hate people who put drinks, ash trays and everything on top of a laptop.

3. People who don't do something the way I would do it.

I always do 1 just can't cant get un used to it

I cringe every time someone says GIF wrong.

JIF JIF JIF. (Wait, is that the way you think is right?)

Anyway, I really don't like tearing or framerates below 30. Monitors running at lower than native resolution really irks me too.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

My dad says that my 23 character password is too long and that 8 characters is more than enough. So that's why my 13 character password got hacked then, right?

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, campy said:

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

nothing sexual, she just doesnt want the nerd dust on her clothes 

JIF JIF JIF. (Wait, is that the way you think is right?)

Anyway, I really don't like tearing or framerates below 30. Monitors running at lower than native resolution really irks me too.

YES! The creator even came out at an awards ceremony and just said "It's pronounced JIF" but no one listens.

YES! The creator even came out at an awards ceremony and just said "It's pronounced JIF" but no one listens.

Exactly. I think the majority of people pronounce it jif though..

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Exactly. I think the majority of people pronounce it jif though..

I guess not from where I am, at school I hear everyone say it as G-IF . It gets me so upset.

I guess not from where I am, at school I hear everyone say it as G-IF . It gets me so upset.

I don't so much hate that people say .gif wrong, its the people that argue and insist it's G-IF and say the CREATOR IS WRONG!! He created it. He gets to say how it's said. It's J-IF. Get over it.

That said, I will keep accidently saying both gif and jif, but know that jif is correct.

I cringe every time someone says GIF wrong.

i cringe when i hear it pronounced correctly... i dont care if its right, jif sounds stupid...

this is jif:

Jif-tasting.jpg

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I don't so much hate that people say .gif wrong, its the people that argue and insist it's G-IF and say the CREATOR IS WRONG!! He created it. He gets to say how it's said. It's J-IF. Get over it.

That said, I will keep accidently saying both gif and jif, but know that jif is correct.

So we should call it Jraphical Interchange Format?

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

The price of windows keys and the fact that even after paying 100$, you can't even transfer the key to another computer because it's an OEM key (by transfer I mean formatting your old hard drive and then using the key from your old computer on a new one). Another big FU to Microsoft because I know that they sell their keys to prebuilt pc makers for a lot cheaper than 100$. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

So we should call it Jraphical Interchange Format?

No, but acronym is pronounced as a soft g. End of discussion.