Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

I noticed that if you have soup at your desk, the soup can easily get drops on the screen if the water falls from your spoon right :P

I sit a decent distance away from my PC so that is not a issue.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Tearing

V-sync

Dealing with cable management

Trying to put a 3.5" drive in the Prodigy M

I'm doing a build in one soon, why doesn't it work well?

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

I'm doing a build in one soon, why doesn't it work well?

You can either put it on the bottom or on a little bridge type thing on the side. It is just annoying. Thinking back I would use the bottom mount and install it before to put everything else in.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

You can either put it on the bottom or on a little bridge type thing on the side. It is just annoying. Thinking back I would use the bottom mount and install it before to put everything else in.

Thanks

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Small mouse pads, I bought a 10 inch by 11 inch one. It is almost the length of my keyboard. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

1. Right click, open in new tab. Come on just middle click it.

2. People who use a closed laptop as part of the desk. I hate people who put drinks, ash trays and everything on top of a laptop.

3. People who don't do something the way I would do it.

I always do 1 just can't cant get un used to it

People who dont know how to use computers and phones right (im saying people from areas that easily can learn not billy from the middle of the sahara) and treat them as new and unimportant.

I cringe every time someone says GIF wrong.

JIF JIF JIF. (Wait, is that the way you think is right?)

Anyway, I really don't like tearing or framerates below 30. Monitors running at lower than native resolution really irks me too.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

My dad says that my 23 character password is too long and that 8 characters is more than enough. So that's why my 13 character password got hacked then, right?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

JIF JIF JIF. (Wait, is that the way you think is right?)

Anyway, I really don't like tearing or framerates below 30. Monitors running at lower than native resolution really irks me too.

YES! The creator even came out at an awards ceremony and just said "It's pronounced JIF" but no one listens.

YES! The creator even came out at an awards ceremony and just said "It's pronounced JIF" but no one listens.

Exactly. I think the majority of people pronounce it jif though..

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Exactly. I think the majority of people pronounce it jif though..

I guess not from where I am, at school I hear everyone say it as G-IF . It gets me so upset.

Bad/slow internet connection. I HATE SLOW INTERNET

Only victors are allowed to live... this world is merciless like that.

I guess not from where I am, at school I hear everyone say it as G-IF . It gets me so upset.

I don't so much hate that people say .gif wrong, its the people that argue and insist it's G-IF and say the CREATOR IS WRONG!! He created it. He gets to say how it's said. It's J-IF. Get over it.

That said, I will keep accidently saying both gif and jif, but know that jif is correct.

I cringe every time someone says GIF wrong.

i cringe when i hear it pronounced correctly... i dont care if its right, jif sounds stupid...

this is jif:

Jif-tasting.jpg

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I don't so much hate that people say .gif wrong, its the people that argue and insist it's G-IF and say the CREATOR IS WRONG!! He created it. He gets to say how it's said. It's J-IF. Get over it.

That said, I will keep accidently saying both gif and jif, but know that jif is correct.

So we should call it Jraphical Interchange Format?

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

The price of windows keys and the fact that even after paying 100$, you can't even transfer the key to another computer because it's an OEM key (by transfer I mean formatting your old hard drive and then using the key from your old computer on a new one). Another big FU to Microsoft because I know that they sell their keys to prebuilt pc makers for a lot cheaper than 100$. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

So we should call it Jraphical Interchange Format?

No, but acronym is pronounced as a soft g. End of discussion. 

No, but acronym is pronounced as a soft g. End of discussion. 

No, not end of discussion. You don't get to just decide when people stop talking about things. I'm still going to pronounce it however I like, regardless. This isn't something that the creator just gets to decide, either. They aren't some sort law-maker of the English language, and people shouldn't think that just because the creator said so, it must be the only way.

But fine. This can go on and on anyway. I'll stop talking about it after this post.

On-topic: I can't stand seeing people make great builds in the build logs, and then taking the pictures with a cell phone camera, or at least not put some effort into making the shooting environment ideal. It just doesn't do the builds justice.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

No, not end of discussion. You don't get to just decide when people stop talking about things. I'm still going to pronounce it however I like, regardless. This isn't something that the creator just gets to decide, either. They aren't some sort law-maker of the English language, and people shouldn't think that just because the creator said so, it must be the only way.

But fine. This can go on and on anyway. I'll stop talking about it after this post.

On-topic: I can't stand seeing people make great builds in the build logs, and then taking the pictures with a cell phone camera, or at least not put some effort into making the shooting environment ideal. It just doesn't do the builds justice.

Are mine okay? For being a n00b with pictures? And manual settings? On a 10MP camera from 2008? http://imgur.com/a/biVFH#0

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

haha, you shouldn't look at my build log when I get around to posting it...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

People who think there is no difference from 1080 to 1440p lol..

oh, yay mister 1920x1080 is belongs in the 90s.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600