xrex64

I have some tech pet peeves or things that bug me. Here are some of mine:

• Cluttered desktops
  • Cluttered desk tops (difference)
  • Downloading things into C:\
  • Distorted pictures
  • More than 30 tabs open
  • When people play games in a window if not needed
  • When someone opens up their laptops and it looks like they spit on it 87 times a day

What are some of yours?

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Tearing

V-sync

Dealing with cable management

Trying to put a 3.5" drive in the Prodigy M

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

i'm not sure if this is fitting but when buttons on a phone or a mouse have a tiny bit of play before you even press the button. It shits me to death but its normal grr

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Tearing

V-sync

Dealing with cable management

Trying to put a 3.5" drive in the Prodigy M

Apart from the last one, he sums it up very well

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

Having alot of icons on the desktop... My desktop only has one folder called "Everything" for everything

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

• Nvidahhhhhhhh Splash Screens you can't skip.

"Future Proofing"

Peasants

Dog hair

Non Modular PSU

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Haveing more then 3 icons on my desktop, Seeing other people with more then 3 icons on there desktop, Knowing people have more then 3 icons on there desktop, People useing Window mode when not needed, People not updateing cause they dont have the time.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Apart from the last one, he sums it up very well

Trust me, the last one is legitimate. Once I put my system in the case, first boot from the case, A cable went into a heatsink fan and made a horrible noise and shut the pc down.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

people bugging me on skype 24/7

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww computers that people think are fast.

My cousin peasant that insists on consouls being better in all ways.

Non computer smart people.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I have some tech pet peves or things that bug me. Here are some of mine:

• Cluttered desktops
  • Cluttered desk tops (difference)
  • Downloading things into C:\
  • Distorted pictures
  • More than 30 tabs open
  • When people play games in a window if not needed

What are some of yours?

1) I can't stand the iPhone videos where the user holds the phone upright. It makes no sense. Who's TV/monitor is shaped like that? ...well hold up, I guess if your monitor orientation can be rotated...but no...they weren't thinking about that as they were recording.

2) When installers try to sneak unwanted software onto me. C'mon, just ask me where I want it installed and GO!

(a) When I have NO option to select a destination folder for install.

3) Why are sata power and molex cables still chained? I'm okay with 1 chain of each. I'd like to see more of the end connectors, or even straight connectors; so I don't have to bend the top and bottom wires. Give me a branch of each.

4) Watching a person type in there password, not literally, then use the mouse to click submit.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Non computer smart people.

Well you can't necessarily get mad at people for that. Like I don't know diddly-squat about cars or bikes and I'm at the compleat mercy and trust of the mechanic.

1) I can't stand the iPhone videos where the user holds the phone upright. It makes no sense. Who's TV/monitor is shaped like that? ...well hold up, I guess if your monitor orientation can be rotated...but no...they weren't thinking about that as they were recording.

2) When installers try to sneak unwanted software onto me. C'mon, just ask me where I want it installed and GO!

( B) When I have NO option to select a destination folder for install.

3) Why are sata power and molex cables still chained? I'm okay with 1 chain of each. I'd like to see more of the end connectors, or even straight connectors; so I don't have to bend the top and bottom wires. Give me a branch of each.

4) Watching a person type in there password, not literally, then use the mouse to click submit.

#4 hurts me

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Cluttered screens seriously pin stuff to the taskbar and quick launch are things people. 

Adding non-steam games for those "game icon everywhere on my desktop" people. 

Only thing I have is my recycle bin. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

Defragging a SSD

Cables being everywhere (bad cable management)

Having lots of not necessary startup apps causing slow boot times

Storing everything on a SSD and not using your hdd for temp files and other programs.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This is more related to monitor displays and they are as follows:

> Colour banding

> Inaccurate display colour

I plan on fixing the last one by buying a hardware calibration device at some point this year.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Cluttered windows desktop, dumb versions of linux (linux fanboy), loud case fans, small desks...

GILBERNATA

"They will suck your energy from you -- the energy you call money and will put it to evil ends giving you worthless dross in return, Your inner self will protect you from this."