[SOLVED] HELP! NO SOUND IN/OUTPUT ON MAC

I know here is not the best place to ask for advice on mac but I'm really disparate.

I was trying to get Background music (https://github.com/kyleneideck/BackgroundMusic) working and I had some issue so I tried to uninstall it. But I think messed around with stuffs too much (I don't know what I exactly did) and now default sound in and output device are gone.

OS I'm running is 10.10.5 Yosemite and I don't have external hard drive so I don't want to reinstall macOS.

Is there any fix that you can think of?

Edit: I already tried safebootScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 6.36.17 AM.png

You didn't uninstall any kext files from /System/Libraries/Extensions, right? If you did, you will need a reinstall.

Also, Yosemite is kinda old, might be a good idea to plan an upgrade as it's no longer being updated.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, firelighter487 said:

what model Mac is it?

its 2012 11inch MacBook Air

when you go to system report (go to the Apple logo at the top left and hold option, the "System Information" option appears) and then audio what does it say there? 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You didn't uninstall any kext files from /System/Libraries/Extensions, right? If you did, you will need a reinstall.

Also, Yosemite is kinda old, might be a good idea to plan an upgrade as it's no longer being updated.

I don't think so.... but what should I look for?

Also, I had High Sierra running in a partition until recently but I changed it to windows 10

10 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

when you go to system report (go to the Apple logo at the top left and hold option, the "System Information" option appears) and then audio what does it say there? 

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 6.52.32 AM.png

@AfternoonTea that's weird. it should say something like this: 

1770326138_ScreenShot2019-01-18at12_54_04.png.8f1492e5fc0997d1fa58a5d980ffb47b.png

how did you uninstall that program? 

I don't know...

1 minute ago, AfternoonTea said:

I don't know...

you don't know how you uninstalled it? 

did you run a script in the terminal or.... 

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

you don't know how you uninstalled it? 

did you run a script in the terminal or.... 

I tried manual uninstall first for some reason, and installed it again, then I ran the uninstall.sh file that was in the app. rebooted it, and now this, if my memory are correct.

Just now, AfternoonTea said:

I tried manual uninstall first for some reason, and installed it again, then I ran the uninstall.sh file that was in the app. rebooted it, and now this, if my memory are correct.

........WHY

did you get any errors during that whole thing? 

She/Her

........WHY

did you get any errors during that whole thing? 

The reason I uninstalled this was because I got some error in the installing process and it wasn't working actually, but other than that there wasn't any error that I can remember of...

8 minutes ago, AfternoonTea said:

The reason I uninstalled this was because I got some error in the installing process and it wasn't working actually, but other than that there wasn't any error that I can remember of...

Apparently you removed some files for the onboard audio. You'll likely get them back by upgrading your macOS.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Apparently you removed some files for the onboard audio. You'll likely get them back by upgrading your macOS.

yeah, but I love yosemite so if it's possible I want to use as it is. I honestly don't want to use High Sierra or Mojave as my main OS.

yeah, but I love yosemite so if it's possible I want to use as it is. I honestly don't want to use High Sierra or Mojave as my main OS.

why? the interface is the same on those as it is on Yosemite. with Mojave's dark mode as a bonus if you want to use it... 

She/Her

Try El Capitan then. It's basically Yosemite but more stable and up to date, as it was the end of the line for many Macs. You might have to source the installer elsewhere, unless you already have it in your Apple ID.

Just now, NelizMastr said:

Try El Capitan then. It's basically Yosemite but more stable and up to date, as it was the end of the line for many Macs. You might have to source the installer elsewhere, unless you already have it in your Apple ID.

I actually can't find El Capitan. It's sad because I was seriously thinking about getting El Capitan

4 minutes ago, AfternoonTea said:

I actually can't find El Capitan. It's sad because I was seriously thinking about getting El Capitan

Yeah it's not in the app store anymore, so if you haven't downloaded it in the past, you're SOL. You might be able to download it elsewhere.

First try this link, as it's a hidden app store item apparently:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1147835434?ls=1&mt=12

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Yeah it's not in the app store anymore, so if you haven't downloaded it in the past, you're SOL. You might be able to download it elsewhere.

First try this link, as it's a hidden app store item apparently:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1147835434?ls=1&mt=12

thanks, but they already killed it

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 7.37.55 AM.png

UPDATE: I opened my mac because why not and I found one cable that was loose. It came loose at the worst timing. It's working again