Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zaphron1999

Main monitor turns off when second is connected.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I dont know why because I've been using these 2 together for a year now but I unplugged to organize wires and now I cant use then together. When I plug in my second my main turns off and everything goes to 2nd monitor. Plz help

I don't have 2 displays hooked up but try right clicking on desktop while both screens are hooked up and click Display settings and there should be something in there somewhere to allow you to switch the settings from either "duplicate display" to "extend displays" etc...

Looking for RX 570/580 equivalent or better for $200 or less! Will trade!

2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER

10 minutes ago, Zaphron1999 said:

I dont know why because I've been using these 2 together for a year now but I unplugged to organize wires and now I cant use then together. When I plug in my second my main turns off and everything goes to 2nd monitor. Plz help

Need a tad more information: CPU, OS, GPU and what are the monitors? (connection type is important)

However, go into the Right click, go to screen and you probably need to "extend" the desktop onto the currently black one.