iPhone 11 rumors: 4,000mAh battery, 120Hz display, faster wireless charging, more

Subway

Nothing ground breaking. World leading wireless charging... the galaxy s7 did 15w wireless charging it's not new. The iPhone incremental number use to have a stand out feature. This should be the iPhone XSS. It's just another S, if we have to release something model. I'm on an iPhone X. Runs fast battery life is great. I remember the 3G and the 4, 5 and 6 they were all I must have this new thing because... Not really seeing that Yet. But the price is certainly going up with each model. Never thought I'd see the day you can buy a MacBook Pro for the same price as an iPhone. Steve would be turning in his grave...

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

On 1/18/2019 at 6:11 PM, Blademaster91 said:

There probably won't be a 4,000mAh battery even though Apple could easily fit more battery capacity into their phones, and kinda doubt the quick charging unless Apple sells their own wireless charger.

Apple did buy PoweredbyProxi a few years ago, so the wireless charging rumor could be legit.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/24/16539604/apple-powerbyproxi-acquisition-wireless-charging-iphone-accessories

17 hours ago, mxk. said:

I see that my guessing skills are on point as of now.

Mind you, I wouldn't trust that as the real cost of making the phone.  There's a lot that goes into the cost beyond the raw parts and assembly.  Apple's gross margins hover around 35-38 percent, and since the iPhone is its main product, it's reasonable to assume the actual profit is somewhere around there.  Still high, but then most of Apple's competitors (including major ones like LG) are seemingly in a race to bleed cash.

Am I the only one who finds new smartphone "improvements" utterly boring and non-interesting at this point?

Call me when it can make me coffee.

4 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Am I the only one who finds new smartphone "improvements" utterly boring and non-interesting at this point?

Call me when it can make me coffee.

I mean honestly what else are you expecting your phone to do. 

15 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I mean honestly what else are you expecting your phone to do. 

That is not up to me to figure out. And I wouldn't care if it DIDNT do anything else ever. But I am not the one writing articles about it.

But until it does something new and interesting, I can't bring myself to care about all the "new phones". Everyone still obsesses over new phones, and I just dont get it. They're all the same. Just more and more expensive. ?

17 minutes ago, maartendc said:

That is not up to me to figure out. And I wouldn't care if it DIDNT do anything else ever. But I am not the one writing articles about it.

But until it does something new and interesting, I can't bring myself to care about all the "new phones". Everyone still obsesses over new phones, and I just dont get it. They're all the same. Just more and more expensive. ?

There are diminishing returns, but I wouldn't say the improvements aren't worthwhile.

In my case, I leapt from an iPhone 7 to an XS, and oh gawd everything is better.  Much larger screen, a dual-camera system I actually use, superior photo quality, brisk performance, even Face ID is easier than Touch ID in some circumstances.  As someone who uses his phone for both work and pleasure, it's a worthwhile upgrade.

With that said, I won't fault many people for keeping their phones for longer these days.  As long as it's reasonably fast and takes decent photos, it'll probably be good for three or four years.

It's fake: 

Anyway, the variable refresh rate is referring to "ProMotion" like on the iPad pro where it varies the refresh rate depending on the content to minimize power consumption.