iPhone 11 rumors: 4,000mAh battery, 120Hz display, faster wireless charging, more

Subway

iPhone's are already pretty buttery smooth I think 120Hz is a waste, I could probably be convinced with a 90Hz display but 120Hz is stupid IMO (note: I've had high refresh rate monitors/laptops for years from 120-240Hz - I know what they're like).

14 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

90hz Oled with variable refresh would be nice.

Im sort of doubting they got 120hz working on the panel. 

not going to happen, apples lags 2 years behind at least. (eg. wireless charge/ oled/ nfc and much more)

what could you do on just a phone with high refresh rate?

17 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

not going to happen, apples lags 2 years behind at least. (eg. wireless charge/ oled/ nfc and much more)

Which is just a very baffling thing from a company that constantly hypes their innovation and technological superiority. And then they lack features that others had for like 5+ years already...

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

And about 2 years ahead when it comes to Processing power.

9 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

And about 2 years ahead when it comes to Processing power.

According to benchmarks. But here's the thing, without some type of common platform between iPhone and Android to benchmark (meaning iOS on Snapdragon or Android on A series, all features enabled and running well), those benchmarks are not a reliable way to compare iPhones to other phones.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

We do have 90hz Oled from Asus on the ROG phone. 

A variable refresh phone would make it noticably smoother to use. But Apple would probably stick to another year of regular 60hz OLED before touching.

Then market it as Fluid Retina because it sounds fancy

4 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Sure under max load, but hardly anything you do on an iPhone will even make the A12 switch away from its low power cores. 

Of course... but the idea is still valid. Even if Apple somehow can keep stretching efficiency to crazy limits, power draw is going to increase along with performance.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The 120Hz rumour could be a big deal. iOS is already regarded as a fairly responsive operating system, at 120Hz it could potentially feel far more responsive than any of it's main competition, provided Google, Samsung and LG don't release products with a similar screen refresh rate.

Reviewers would speak positively of the responsiveness, I know Linus would enjoy it as he wanted Apple to take that same display from the iPad Pro and put it in a mobile device. That good press would lead to improved sales and it could be a big success for Apple.

All this has to be taken with a grain of salt of course, that's just my two cents on what a 120Hz display on an iPhone could mean.

Also, was searching for some S10 rumours, apparently it's likely to have in-screen fingerprint scanner, a feature I wish would return to the iPhone. Although the fingerprint scanner won't work if you have a screen protector, makes sense.

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/samsung-galaxy-s10-in-display-fingerprint-scanner-reportedly-blocked-by-screen-cover

And what games or apps would ever take advantage of a 120fps screen on an iPhone? As it is some devs have to limit the frame rate to 30 on current models to prevent the device from getting too hot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

And what games or apps would ever take advantage of a 120fps screen on an iPhone? As it is some devs have to limit the frame rate to 30 on current models to prevent the device from getting too hot.

I heard Blizzard wants to use mobile devices for a new Diablo experience, maybe that will?

\s

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about games running at 120fps, just the fluidity of the device will make it a worthy inclusion.

6 hours ago, Noctus said:

Probably something like $2199. S10+ is nearly 2grand at it's max specs, apple can't be out shined by the heathen android

/s

S10+ is rumored at $1300 max. Still less than the XS max. Other companies I think had their eyes opened with sales and the phones released this year will either stay at current prices or drop a bit. Apple however just will sell for more.

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

According to benchmarks. But here's the thing, without some type of common platform between iPhone and Android to benchmark (meaning iOS on Snapdragon or Android on A series, all features enabled and running well), those benchmarks are not a reliable way to compare iPhones to other phones.

How are they not a reliable way of measuring performance? Run some calculation on one phone, run the same calculations on the other, determine which one calculated faster, and the same for rendering.

3 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

How are they not a reliable way of measuring performance? Run some calculation on one phone, run the same calculations on the other, determine which one calculated faster, and the same for rendering.

Gary from Android authority made a benchmark for Android and I think he working on it for iOS too. The benchmark is more focused on raw performance of the device. 

But again, bench marking on phones is not similar to benchmarking PCs. People run snap, insta, facebook, messages, etc....None of these apps are taxing nor take advantage of the hardware in the phone so it doesnt indicate real world usage. The S9 was the first android that is more responsive and can load apps faster that the X.

11 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Run some calculation on one phone, run the same calculations on the other, determine which one calculated faster, and the same for rendering.

Except basic calculations don't represent real world performance well.

See AMD cards, they perform worse in gaming despite being better at basic number crunching.

Or ARM vs x86 benchmarks.

And complex algorithms need to be cross checked to verify that they are reliable and repeatable across different platforms.

There is no common ground between iPhones and Android phones that allow us to get benchmarks where scores are verifiably comparible.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I guess it's an Apple thing that their 15W is faster than everyone else's 15W.

Otherwise "...15W surpassing anything in Android" is false but Apple would never do that.

6 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Sure under max load, but hardly anything you do on an iPhone will even make the A12 switch away from its low power cores. 

this is a problem tho. If you never utilize the hardware to it's fullest potential -- then why buy new hardware every year?

just have the battery replaced yearly and be on your way...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

+$$$ for 120hz controller

+$$$$ for 4000mah

+$ usb-c....$.75...fuck it $50 to implement

+$$$$ for another camera

Jesus fuck, this thing will start at $2,000 because Apples logic to lower sales is increase prices.

Increasing prices for declining sales is the right move if sales are mainly declining because advancements are slow and most people have something good enough and don't need to upgrade. Which is all probably true.

Yes, the price certainly will have pushed away some, but I'd bet that most people who didn't upgrade aren't doing so because what they have is more than good enough.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

45 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

I guess it's an Apple thing that their 15W is faster than everyone else's 15W.

Otherwise "...15W surpassing anything in Android" is false but Apple would never do that.

Indeed, Apple wouldnt do that. 

Their fans would happily do so instead.

Sketchy new reports from Chinese website Weibo claim to offer up some interesting new tidbits regarding Apple’s upcoming iPhone 11

This sounds like the rumors we'd constantly get about transparent displays and holograms every year... if it's true that's cool I guess, although if they keep going in their current direction the next iphone will start at 1200$.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

These leaks seem reasonable, but i think the battery is a little big for apple. But putting that big of a battery on the max would let them crank up the CPU a lot higher.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

For new flagships 4000mAh battery minimum and 120Hz would be awesome. Slowly everything being 120Hz as standard will be great. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

12 hours ago, mxk. said:

Thing is, that it's probably somewhat accurate, but do we care? I sure don't.

I just can't see them upping battery size to that degree. It'd mean a thicker or heavier device. They seem to be horribly opposed to such things.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

33 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I just can't see them upping battery size to that degree. It'd mean a thicker or heavier device. They seem to be horribly opposed to such things.

the xs max is already pretty heavy. I thought my huawei mate 10 lite was heavy, then I held the xs max. It's crazy.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

4 minutes ago, mxk. said:

the xs max is already pretty heavy. I thought my huawei mate 10 lite was heavy, then I held the xs max. It's crazy.

Yeah that stainless steel adds a toll for sure. They should have just gone with titanium for what they're charging.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red