Ryzen 5 2600 + STRIX B350F Troublesome?

Hey yall, I got some questions around this pair up because I have seen some scary comments on this same forum about them together.

On this forum here some users say that the VRMs could overheat while using the 2600 and that you shouldn't get that board for this CPU.

Also, would there be any other scares or worries I should know about?

(I am on a budget so this is a pretty good Price-to-Performance rig I whipped up for both gaming and video editing)

(I already called my local MemEx and they can update the BIOS if needed)

Planned Rig:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

GPU - Nvidia RTX 2060

MOB - ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz

SSD - Samsung 860 Evo 2.5'' 1TB

HDD - Seagate BarraCuda 2TB

PSU - Corsair CX550M

B350-F will easily run 2600, even overclocked. Just make sure to tell them to update the Bios, otherwise system won't work.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

31 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

B350-F will easily run 2600, even overclocked. Just make sure to tell them to update the Bios, otherwise system won't work.

I already explained that in the brackets()...

There are absolutely no worries about the combinations of this rig other than the BIOS?

9 minutes ago, plumptree said:

I already explained that in the brackets()...

There are absolutely no worries about the combinations of this rig other than the BIOS?

I would get 3000 or 3200Mhz RAM if possible. Ryzen loves fast RAM.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

3 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I would get 3000 or 3200Mhz RAM if possible. Ryzen loves fast RAM.

Oh ok, I read that it doesn't really do anything in games or productivity to buy faster RAM. Thanks for the advice

Just now, plumptree said:

Oh ok, I read that it doesn't really do anything in games or productivity to buy faster RAM. Thanks for the advice

It doesn't if you have Intel CPU. Ryzen though needs fast RAM to work properly in games and other workloads.