Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sushimus

Pairing Win 7 and S8

Posted · Original PosterOP

I cant seem to figure out how to pair my win 7 pc with my s8 and use the s8 to trasfer wifi, my desktop doesnt have wifi capabilities.

-Undeniably Indie

12 hours ago, ActuallyMediocreOC said:

I cant seem to figure out how to pair my win 7 pc with my s8 and use the s8 to trasfer wifi, my desktop doesnt have wifi capabilities.

Try connecting both computers together via ethernet and connect one to wifi and give it a static ip on ethernet on a differenet subnet than your network, on the computer that does have wifi don’t set a gateway but on the other computer set the laptop with wifi’s ip as the gateway and it should work

3 minutes ago, mtz_federico said:

Try connecting both computers together via ethernet and connect one to wifi and give it a static ip on ethernet on a differenet subnet than your network, on the computer that does have wifi don’t set a gateway but on the other computer set the laptop with wifi’s ip as the gateway and it should work

I just remembered that you can bridge interfaces on windows here is a tutorial on how to do it

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-manage-network-bridge-connection-windows-10

15 minutes ago, mtz_federico said:

The S8 is not a computer, it's a smartphone by Samsung.

13 hours ago, ActuallyMediocreOC said:

What you're looking for is tethering via USB. Enable it on your phone and connect the USB cable between phone and PC. I don't see anything on sharing wifi though.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MSI X370 Gaming Plus 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - GTX1070Ti FE 600p 256GB & M550 512GB & 860 Evo 500GB Fractal Define R5 CM V550 W8.1 Pro

13 hours ago, ActuallyMediocreOC said:

What you need to do is make your S8 a wifi hotspot under settings->Wifi & Internet->Hotspot,  and then connect to that wifi from your PC, but to do that you need to be able to connect wireless from your PC(you need a wifi dongle if it's not a laptop and motherboard doesn't have wifi)

58 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

The S8 is not a computer, it's a smartphone by Samsung.

What you're looking for is tethering via USB. Enable it on your phone and connect the USB cable between phone and PC. I don't see anything on sharing wifi though.

I thought it was windows 8 sry.

usb tethering should indeed work