What are some good shopping cart alternatives?

Xanthe_2871

My local Walmart has nasty carts. Sticky stuff and dirt and other nonsense. But sometimes I need heavy things, I can't lug around unassisted, so what would be an alternative? 

I'm thinking maybe a wheelchair, or one of those black wheeled things people sometimes use to move paperwork, like layers might use. I doubt Walmart will care, as long as it's not bigger than a cart. I shop there as little as I can as is. Walmart really, really sucks here. But ordering printer paper online is expensive, gatoraid and similar is not practical.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

literally a shopping cart?

/s

Yes. I tried googling this but everything was about alternative website software. I literally mean a physical metal shopping cart. I can't think of another name for it. Damn technology, reusing existing names... 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Yes. I tried googling this but everything was about alternative website software. I literally mean a physical metal shopping cart. I can't think of another name for it. Damn technology, reusing existing names... 

here you go...

https://www.amazon.com/Retail-Shopping-Baskets-Carts/b?ie=UTF8&node=8615548011

3 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

no problem... adding the buy term in google helps sometimes

4 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

My local Walmart has nasty carts. Sticky stuff and dirt and other nonsense. But sometimes I need heavy things, I can't lug around unassisted, so what would be an alternative? 

I'm thinking maybe a wheelchair, or one of those black wheeled things people sometimes use to move paperwork, like layers might use. I doubt Walmart will care, as long as it's not bigger than a cart. I shop there as little as I can as is. Walmart really, really sucks here. But ordering printer paper online is expensive, gatoraid and similar is not practical.

You know you can buy your own shopping cart? They sell collapsible ones.

Otherwise, I'd just buy a really nice Hand Truck for super large items like appliances, TV's, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I never actually use a shopping trolley or a basket I just use my arms whenever I go shopping, like how much stuff do you need, milk and bread and eggs thats it. 

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Otherwise, I'd just buy a really nice Hand Truck for super large items like appliances, TV's, etc.

Thats the most American thing right now just bring your pickup into Walmart to go shopping lol

Why dont you make a folding cart with wheels on it. basically two rectangles, pivoted, large wheels. Folds up into an I and when you want to use it it folds out into an L

7 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I never actually use a shopping trolley or a basket I just use my arms whenever I go shopping, like how much stuff do you need, milk and bread and eggs thats it. 

Thats the most American thing right now just bring your pickup into Walmart to go shopping lol

Hand trucks and pickup trucks are not the same thing (not even close). I have a pickup truck because I frequently haul things a smaller vehicle can't handle. I use it for everything since I can't afford to have two vehicles. Also, due to being handicapped, I have trouble getting in and out of smaller vehicles (or, often, simply can't).

I fill up shopping carts (sometimes twice) so I don't have to make multiple trips to the grocery store, saving considerably on gas and time.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

6 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Why dont you make a folding cart with wheels on it. basically two rectangles, pivoted, large wheels. Folds up into an I and when you want to use it it folds out into an L

Why reinvent the wheel. Besides, you can buy those for less than it would cost to build your own.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

my local carrefour has some bigger plastic baskets that come with longer handles and wheels that you can pulling along. however i still prefer traditional plastic baskets, dont make noise, dont get in people's way.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

9 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Is all you eat Milk, Bread, and Eggs? If so, diversify, my friend.

9 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

"Pickup Truck"... uh... yeah... sure...

Spoiler

H-1480.jpg

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Is all you eat Milk, Bread, and Eggs? If so, diversify, my friend.

"Pickup Truck"... uh... yeah... sure...

Reveal hidden contents

H-1480.jpg

I get my meat from animals and veggies from the garden, just not buying that much atm.

Am well aware of the difference between a pickup and a hand truck thank you, my reply was a joke. They don’t allow cars in Walmart I’m sure. Same reply for you Lady Fitzgerald, it is good to have a car that can do all though and easy to get into, don’t have to worry about renting a van or anything when you pick up a lot of stuff. 

6 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Why reinvent the wheel. Besides, you can buy those for less than it would cost to build your own.

No reinvevting anything, they are simple to build, for much less then to buy. Those little wire carts you can buy at the grocery stores or drug stores are $40+. Besides those wire or bag carts can't hold much weight.