Which cooler

Hi guys,

As i bought a new pc with a i7-9700K in it, it's showing that my Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH edition isn't holding it good enough, going around 70 degrees in small games like realm royale etc at 900RPM. And 35-40 degrees at idle.

Also it just looks ugly.. 

But now my question is, i'm thinking about buying a Corsair h115i RGB Pro Platinum, or another liquid cooler, or maybe a very good aircooler..

Which are the ones you guys recommend? I honestly prefer the h115i, cause they say it cools pretty good and is close to not noticable..

My budget is around 150€

The Corsair cooler is fine, it'll let you overclock, too. Why didn't you boost up the fan speed on your cooler like someone else and I recommended?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, mxk. said:

The Corsair cooler is fine, it'll let you overclock, too. Why didn't you boost up the fan speed on your cooler like someone else and I recommended?

Cause 900rpm is the maximum .. thats the way the scythe mugen is designed

Just now, DylanDB said:

Cause 900rpm is the maximum .. thats the way the scythe mugen is designed

Dang, so it really wanted silence. You could get different fans, or a better air cooler.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

Dang, so it really wanted silence. You could get different fans, or a better air cooler.

Yeah but having good fans its probably around 50-60€ , which is only 90€ less as h115i. Also are there aircoolers that provide same temps and silence as the corsair together with nice looks?

1 minute ago, DylanDB said:

Yeah but having good fans its probably around 50-60€ , which is only 90€ less as h115i. Also are there aircoolers that provide same temps and silence as the corsair together with nice looks?

Well, 240MM AIO's are the level of performance that the best air coolers provide. I don't know about the pricing difference in the UK, but the Notcua NH-D15 and be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 are the best air coolers on the market right now. Those two coolers are pretty beefy and may even block off RAM slots, and if you're willing to spend the money then an AIO will give you better RAM compatibility.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

Well, 240MM AIO's are the level of performance that the best air coolers provide. I don't know about the pricing difference in the UK, but the Notcua NH-D15 and be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 are the best air coolers on the market right now. Those two coolers are pretty beefy and may even block off RAM slots, and if you're willing to spend the money then an AIO will give you better RAM compatibility.

Yeah, those are big blocks also. The corsair i want is 280mm, would it cool better than a aircooler? Also not too much noise?

Just now, DylanDB said:

Yeah, those are big blocks also. The corsair i want is 280mm, would it cool better than a aircooler? Also not too much noise?

Well, the fans will get loud if they're spinning pretty fast, that's obvious. Like I said, the best air coolers on the market (the two I mentioned) compete with 240mm AIOs, so a 280mm would be better. If you slap some nice fans on the AIO that are silent and good quality, that will further your experience of silence and cooling.

Also the pump in the AIO will make a little noise but probably not too much.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra