If Razer made RGB fans would you buy?

MetalGearPony

Buy Razer RGB Fans?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Buy Razer RGB Fans?

• Yay!
    • Nay!
  2. 2. What's the highest price you would pay for a set of 2 120mm RGB fans? (USD)

• < $75
    • $75 - $100
    • $100 - $125
    • > $125
    • I would not buy razer RGB fans

Razer is known for making somewhat overpriced gaming pc peripherals as much like apple, consumers are mostly paying for the brand name and inter-connectivity between devices, especially for razer chroma products which can synchronize RGB lighting across an entire setup. Now that razer is officially in the chassis business, would you pay for razer RGB fans if they sold them? How much would you be willing to pay for such a product? I'd pay $100 for a set of 2 120 mm, but knowing razer, they would likely charge closer to $120 US.

I would not. Razer has become overpriced for mediocre to poor performing devices and peripherals. Corsair and Noctua still get my money as they are the proven standards IMO in the case fan industry. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Depends on their spec.

If it's something along the lines of...  

• Rotational Speed: 2000 RPM 
  • Airflow: >60 CFM 
  • Noise: <17 dB(A)
  • Static Pressure >2 mm H2O

Sign me up!

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Just get some Phanteks Halo RGB frames and you're set.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Having a price pole without knowing the specs of the fans is ridiculous.  

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

My issue would how you control the RGB.

Razer would probably just make it Chroma software compatible... which would be annoying.

If it just plugged into an RGB header, then that's fine, but I doubt they would do that.

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:00 AM, mxk. said:

Just get some Phanteks Halo RGB frames and you're set.

While that's true, many people may want the ability to control the RGB profiles from Razor's "synapse" software which would be a major selling point of the hypothetical product as it would synchronize RGB lighting with other Razor products in a given setup.

13 hours ago, Linker said:

My issue would how you control the RGB.

Razer would probably just make it Chroma software compatible... which would be annoying.

If it just plugged into an RGB header, then that's fine, but I doubt they would do that.

Making it chroma compatible would likely be a major selling point as just plugging it into an RGB header would do little to set it apart from other similar products on the market.

45 minutes ago, MetalGearPony said:

While that's true, many people may want the ability to control the RGB profiles from Razor's "synapse" software which would be a major selling point of the hypothetical product as it would synchronize RGB lighting with other Razor products in a given setup.

Yeah, I guess. I've never been a big fan of razer. My friend claims to me that his razer huntsman elite would better than a custom mech keyboard.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu