First time setup 10Gbe. Need Help!!

Hi everyone! I need your opinion on this. We're proposing to upgrade our existing Gigabit ethernet to 10Gbe. The main purpose is for transfer files from and to our NAS, as well as our editors can edit without any lag. Most of our machines here are Macbook Pros and iMacs. Our plan is to get a Synology DS1819+, equipped with the 10Gbe adapter. Bay 1 + 2, will be filled with SSD for caching, while Bay 3-8 will be full of 12TB Seagate Drives. We're using Cat6a, to connect to our future Netgear XS712v2 12 Port-Switch. And from there, we will use the same cable to the rest of our systems. Am I getting this right? I need to note as well that, we will be getting some Thunderbolt 3 to 10Gbe Adapter. 

Looks good to me.

You can do networking over thunderbolt without an adapter, but as far as I'm aware, there's no such thing as a thunderbolt switch, so anything more than point-to-point is more complicated to set up than Ethernet.

14 hours ago, umeksman said:

Hi everyone! I need your opinion on this. We're proposing to upgrade our existing Gigabit ethernet to 10Gbe. The main purpose is for transfer files from and to our NAS, as well as our editors can edit without any lag. Most of our machines here are Macbook Pros and iMacs. Our plan is to get a Synology DS1819+, equipped with the 10Gbe adapter. Bay 1 + 2, will be filled with SSD for caching, while Bay 3-8 will be full of 12TB Seagate Drives. We're using Cat6a, to connect to our future Netgear XS712v2 12 Port-Switch. And from there, we will use the same cable to the rest of our systems. Am I getting this right? I need to note as well that, we will be getting some Thunderbolt 3 to 10Gbe Adapter. 

Yes you've got the basics down.

10GigE switch connected via Cat6a to the NAS, and also Cat6a to each client w/ 10GigE Adapter.

This switch can still be connected to a larger Gigabit network without issues if needed as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)