How many tabs do you have open?

Very much like Linus and Luke (sorry, slick) years ago, my friend and I are at an odds: Is it better to have few tabs open with favourites and open new ones whenever you need them, or just keep everything open?

Assuming ram isn't holding you back.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Depends what im doing, if general use, about 5.
If stack overflow, 20

If lazy "You have reached the tab limit, please close some tabs"

Just do what you want I guess, there's no better or worse. If you can work with it, go for it. I loose the overview what's open with many tabs open so most of the time I only have two at max open, but when researching something it occasionally jumps to 10 or more tabs open depending on the task

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

23 minutes ago, seon123 said:

A lot. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20190117-080338.thumb.jpg.b40764a03427594579ceb55231a593cf.jpg

this is what the old lady i live with does, she opens everything she sees, ads, images, the works

Only the ones I need. Which can be from 3 to 30 (forum, searching for job, searching for info etc.). I like seeing things tidy, which means I need to be able to read what sites are open by reading tab headers. I use bookmarks for a reason. Same goes with shortcuts on desktop. Main ones are shown, rest is in folders (just like my bookmark toolbar).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I use speed dials so my favourites are never far without cluttering the bar. I immensely prefer Safari's address bar based speed dial, but since I'm mostly on Windows I have settled with Vivaldi's default speed dial. Actual amount of tabs depends on what I'm doing, but typically less than ten.

After 30 tabs I start forgetting what I have open and just start opening new ones rather than use the old ones.

Across 3 monitors in Firefox, I have on average 20-30 tabs open in 3 windows. I have it this way for a few years now.. From back when I was running an FX6300 and 16GB to an FX8350 and 16GB to my current R5 2600X with 64GB ram.

Sites vary from news to gaming, forums I moderate, spreadsheets and multimedia like my emby server, netflix, prime video, youtube...  Never had any issues with firefox... Chrome on the other hand was useless and constantly crashing... Even with all the privacy/script/ad blockers I use in firefox.

Right now, I'm looking for a holiday cottage for next xmas, so I've got 5 rental sites open each with about half a dozen tabs for properties I'm considering So my current total is actually 45 right now.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

Mostly I have around 8-20 tabs open. Sometimes more, depends on what I'm doing. 

LTT Discord | Floatplane

Current PC: 

i5-6600k@4.3Ghz OC

16GB DDR3-1600Mhz

Nvidea GTX 1050Ti

About 5GB or less left on C:, which is 250GB. Total storage around 2.5TB

2 monitors 1080p@60hz

At the moment I have 42 tabs open, which is quite a few more than I normally have.

That is because I have some references open for a drawing I'm making (that's like 12 tabs) and at the moment I have a hard time fully watching YouTube videos so I have like 5 that I am a couple minutes into that I have been meaning to watch..

It's annoying Chrome can't remember multiple windows of tabs..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Depends on what I'm doing. If I had to venture guesses...

• while casually browsing 1-2
  • while working 6-10
  • while researching something (depending on topic) 10-50

I try not to have more than 10 tabs open on any one window to stay organized.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

I've got 70+ tabs open atm. Probably somehow connected to the fact that I have 200+ bookmarks.

I soft of ebb and flow.  At the moment I've got 30-35 tabs open. I usually start with about four open, two for email, one for Youtube and one for whatever I'm doing at the moment, and it grows as I start looking things up and reading and doing.