Sata to USB cable is.gd/gV28ch

USB m.2 enclosure in the shape of a 2 and 1/2 inch drive is.gd/0JVj34

M.2SSD PC part picker list is.gd/82qjmV 

Battery cases Is.gd/2vuCyS

Original dock

USB type-c cable that loops around the back of the Nintendo switch

is.gd/Jy3wuw

Replacement back cover is.gd/qzRq76

I'm seriously considering doing this mod to my Nintendo switch considering I already own more than half of these parts, and I haven't gotten a MicroSD card yet, yes they're getting really cheap, but wouldn't you rather have a 1 terabyte m. 2 SSD and you're a Nintendo switch?

Also I'd like some suggestions on how to make the custom case.

Also I haven't worked out any of the fine details, like how I activate and deactivate dock mode with a switch, so that might be helpful.

In case you're wondering the Nintendo switch does not have USB 3.0 support and it will likely never have USB 3.0 support.

But if you have a Nintendo switch, you likely already know that it has a USB 3.0 port on the dock, and the USB type-c port has enough pins for USB 3.0, so what gives?

We don't know Nintendo reasoning, but it turns out USB type-c port does not abide by USB power standards, and a lot of chargers can break it, I don't know why they chose to charge the system at 95% the standard.

But if you want to buy chargers cheaper than $25 that come with removable cable by Samsung fast chargers, I bought two Samsung fast chargers from Samsung on Amazon with cables for $12.

The reason that Nintendo doesn't want to support USB 3.0 other than power requirement issues, is because they don't want you to have external hard drives.

they think it makes the Nintendo switch seem less portable, but with custom firmware USB 3.0 support and external hard drive support can be added easily.

I don't know why you Nintendo thanks a 256 GB low profile flash drive isn't portable but it's Nintendo they're weird.

28 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

they think it makes the Nintendo switch seem less portable, but with custom firmware USB 3.0 support and external hard drive support can be added easily.

I don't know why you Nintendo thanks a 256 GB low profile flash drive isn't portable but it's Nintendo they're weird.

It would make it less portable. I don't want something dangling off the Switch to play games on the go.

How many people do you see with external drives connected on their phones using USB OTG? (then again I'm sure most people don't know their phone likely supports it)

1 hour ago, Ryanwake said:

In case you're wondering the Nintendo switch does not have USB 3.0 support and it will likely never have USB 3.0 support.

ÖHm, yes it does??

Look here:
It uses a USB 3.0 Controller and also there is exactly ONE USB 3.0 Port. You might not have noticed it as it is the "internal one" right next to the HDMI Output:

1 hour ago, Ryanwake said:

But if you have a Nintendo switch, you likely already know that it has a USB 3.0 port on the dock, and the USB type-c port has enough pins for USB 3.0, so what gives?

Yes, it comes with USB 3.0.

But even if it wouldn't, there is no use case for that either.

Because Nintendo Switch does not support USB Storage (yet?) 

So the USB Ports of the switch are only usable as charging ports for your phone and Game Controller like the Switch PRO Controller..

Maybe there is an official USB 3.0 Support, maybe not...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

ÖHm, yes it does??

Look here:
It uses a USB 3.0 Controller and also there is exactly ONE USB 3.0 Port. You might not have noticed it as it is the "internal one" right next to the HDMI Output:

Yes, it comes with USB 3.0.

But even if it wouldn't, there is no use case for that either.

Because Nintendo Switch does not support USB Storage (yet?) 

So the USB Ports of the switch are only usable as charging ports for your phone and Game Controller like the Switch PRO Controller..

Maybe there is an official USB 3.0 Support, maybe not...

I'm talking about the usbc, it has a dedicated USB controller.

And u can't use external hard drives, and usb3.0 to ethernet dongles" default to USB 2.0.

I know the switch has USB 3.0 

I quoted his quote

But if you have a Nintendo switch, you likely already know that it has a USB 3.0 port on the dock

But u can't use it

3 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

And u can't use external hard drives, and usb3.0 to ethernet dongles" default to USB 2.0.

a) I mentioned that as well

b) Oh, that sucks. I don't have that and don't plan on using too much download stuff with my Switch as the Original WiFi seems to limit the Bandwith to about 25MBit/sec or so...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

It would make it less portable. I don't want something dangling off the Switch to play games on the go.

How many people do you see with external drives connected on their phones using USB OTG? (then again I'm sure most people don't know their phone likely supports it)

They think kids can't understand that game on external hard drive isn't there when it's not docked.

Although it could be used over WiFi but I don't think Nintendo could think that creative, and if they could they would think it's too complicated for consumers

b) Oh, that sucks. I don't have that and don't plan on using too much download stuff with my Switch as the Original WiFi seems to limit the Bandwith to about 25MBit/sec or so...

A) I said I quoted your quote

B) 33-40 mbs is fine

I mean my switch gets more than 25mbs, do u use the dongle, USB 2.0 is slower that ac

5 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I said I was going to get cfw to activate USB 3.0 aka faster that the SD card/ flach chip