Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stlwrx

How does my loop order look?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Completed my first custom loop couple weeks ago and just want to make sure my loop is OK. I had to mount the res on the opposite side of the case because i dint have a fan mount for the res and the lian li O11 dynamic has no mount holes. Temps at idle for cpu are 25-28C and GPU 24-27C. During Prime95 smallFFT CPU temps are between 75-80C and during long gaming sessions GPU reaches 50C which i think is kind of high. Can the inlet and outlet be on the same side for the GPU or is that causing flow issues?

https://imgur.com/a/f8KudcD

Specs:

i9-9900k (oc'd to 5.0Ghz all cores 1.295 vcore

RTX 2080 (+65 core +1000 memory)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8image.thumb.png.807777a2abd15e08a5d4c5d67128cd9a.png

Loop order doesn't matter.

DIOCLETIAN III : CPU: Core i7-8700K @5.0GhZ || CPU COOLER : BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || MOBO : ASUS STRIX Z370-E || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync || SSDs: 970 EVO 250GB (Boot), 850 EVO 1TB, MX500 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x & Corsair Premium cables || Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG RGB SE|| Monitor: Samsung 28" 4K60HZ ||  KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Browns) || Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero with deskpad || Audio: SteelSeries Arctis 5, Blue Snowball iCE || Case Fans : 2x Phanteks 140MM Halos RGB, 1x BeQuiet! SilentWings 3 140mm ||

MAXIMIAN II  : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9GhZ || CPU COOLER : Cooler Master ML240L w/ Corsair SP120 || MOBO : MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon|| GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis (2666) || SSD: TeamGroup L5 Lite 3D 240GB || HDD: Barracuda 2TB || PSU: SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 650W w/ Cablemod Basics extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 Black || Monitor: ACER KG1 1440p 144HZ || KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow X Chroma TE  || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Audio: HyperX Cloud II || Case Fans : 3x Corsair SP120 Blue LED||

LAPTOP - Dell XPS 15 9570: CPU: Core i7-8750H || GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB || RAM: 2*8GB SODIMM || SSD: 512GB M.2 SSD || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || Monitor: 15" 3840x2160 Touchscreen ||  KEYBOARD: Laptop keyboard  || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Audio: Usually HyperX Cloud II, but sometimes Arctis 5 or something else

MARCUS AURELIUS II (HTPC) : CPU: i7-2600K || CPU COOLER : ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE || MOBO : ASUS P8Z77I Deluxe || GPU: XFX RX 580 || RAM: 2x8GB Generic DDR3-1600 || SSD: 240GB Inland || HDD: WD Blue 1TB || PSU: Corsair TX550M || CASE: Metallic Gear NEO Mini || Monitor: LG 65SK8000PUA 65" 4K TV || KEYBOARD: Corsair K63 Wireless || Mouse: Logitech G603 || Audio: Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar || Case Fans : 1x Noctua P14S, 1x S340 Elite case fan

Mobile: Galaxy S7, Honor 7X || Kindle Fire 10" & 7" - Running Android 6.0 ||

Forum salt merchant so granted by @dizmo, Grand Deacon of the Glorious Brethren and Guardians of the Most High Overlords Asus and Arctic Cooling. All hail thy lord and savior the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE

Seems fine. As long as you’re happy with it. 

I tend to just do mine by minimizing waste  or to get a certain look I want. 

Wouldnt think too far into it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Pny Anarchy 16Gb's, EVGA Titan Black SC SLI, OCZ  ZX Series 1000, Acer GD235HZ x3 5760x1080@120hz 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080 SC SLI, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144

if you are concerned with CPU temps you could dial back the OC a bit, like drop it to 4.9 and see how low you can take the voltage then, I know on my 6700k there was a step between 4.5 and 4.6 that required a SIGNIFICANT increase in voltage, running at 4.5 vs 4.6 allowed enough reduction in voltage that I dropped 10c off my stress test temps.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:06 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Loop order doesn't matter.

Yes. It does.

With high flow rates small difference. With low flow rates it makes a massive difference in CPU/GPU temps.

@OP

Since your GPU is so much cooler than your CPU you might want to to feed the CPU the coolest part of the loop, then the GPU after like:

res > pump > cpu > gpu > rad > rad

or

res > pump > rad > rad > cpu > gpu

or

res > pump > cpu > rad > gpu > rad

May help very little, may help a lot. Depends on how much flow your pump is providing.

100% RGB FREE

I think you should have the first rad after the CPU GPU as an exhaust rad (yours is in the diagram) because then the hottest air is blown directly out the case. Otherwise you're passing the warm air through the next rad which kinda defeats the purpose.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, caliusoptimus said:

Yes. It does.

With high flow rates small difference. With low flow rates it makes a massive difference in CPU/GPU temps.

@OP

Since your GPU is so much cooler than your CPU you might want to to feed the CPU the coolest part of the loop, then the GPU after like:

or

or

May help very little, may help a lot. Depends on how much flow your pump is providing.

eventually the water temp reaches equilibrium, how long that takes depends on the amount of cooling capacity you have, once you reach that point it has been proven time and time again by multiple MAJOR youtubers that loop order makes no difference.

see example #1

I would listen to someone like singularity computers before jay. One actually knows what he’s doing. The other just has a large following. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Pny Anarchy 16Gb's, EVGA Titan Black SC SLI, OCZ  ZX Series 1000, Acer GD235HZ x3 5760x1080@120hz 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080 SC SLI, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144

On 1/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, caliusoptimus said:

Yes. It does.

@OP

or

or

It doesn't matter, many have tested and shown temps are the same or within 1-2C .. within margin of error.

For OP:

IMO the run from the reservoir to the pump is going to be hard to make work .. as far as aesthetics go

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~

17 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

eventually the water temp reaches equilibrium, how long that takes depends on the amount of cooling capacity you have, once you reach that point it has been proven time and time again by multiple MAJOR youtubers that loop order makes no difference.

Jay almost got to me after watching that video. Then I came back to reality and remembered that I am an engineer, not a parrot, and that basic thermodynamics says:

If you preheat the water with your GPU, then feed it to your CPU, the CPU is going to run at a higher temp (than the other way around) regardless of overall equilibrium.

100% RGB FREE

Also, FTR, wasn't saying that loop order changes the cooling capacity of the system.

My 1080ti runs around 60c fully overclocked with radiator cooling. CPU's however can easily hit 100c before you reach a respectable overclock. Choosing the correct loop order, and not preheating the water to your CPU can knock off 5-10c from your CPU temps. I have seen this in my own pc, the difference was night and day.

Nowadays I run a chiller around 12c. With the CPU first in the loop I am attaining 5ghz (4.7avx) on a 7820x (maxes at 75c) and the GPU doesn't pass 55c under full load for both. With the opposite loop order the GPU runs 50c and the CPU gains 5-10c.

100% RGB FREE