1600X vs 2600X

Got a 2600X that I OC'ed to 4.1Ghz with 6 cores and 12 threads. It normal clock speeds and core/thread count, the 2600x looks identical to a 1600X except with a stock cooler (Obviously I did not use that).

So what are the major differences and did I waste my money? It was $190 (TECHNICALLY $175 but charged with sales tax :( ) during Black Friday time. I believe the 1600X was about $160 or something (Not including sales tax) so technically about $15, maybe $20, less.

2 minutes ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

Got a 2600X that I OC'ed to 4.1Ghz with 6 cores and 12 threads. It normal clock speeds and core/thread count, the 2600x looks identical to a 1600X except with a stock cooler (Obviously I did not use that).

So what are the major differences and did I waste my money? It was $190 (TECHNICALLY $175 but charged with sales tax :( ) during Black Friday time. I believe the 1600X was about $160 or something (Not including sales tax) so technically about $15, maybe $20, less.

not really, as the first gen had memory problems, but i guess you lost a bit in the lottery

3 minutes ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

So is there a big difference between 4.1 and 4.2ghz?

Its a number . Nothing ull ever experience

i have 2700x which has a boost up to 4.3.

I also have it running at 4.1 - dont see any difference. if anything it runs faster then stock.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

not really, as the first gen had memory problems, but i guess you lost a bit in the lottery

Zen 1 had memory stability issues when it was new, motherboard companies were quick to release a BIOS update which patched this.

My problem with the OP's post is that the 2600x should outperform the 1600x clock for clock no matter what, since it has the IPC boost of Zen+ over Zen 1. If the 1600x was overclocked higher, it would perform better than the 2600x. TL;DR: An overclocked 2600x should just about never perform equally to a lower clocked 1600x.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!