Can i game with dvi port?

Alan GE
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Yes, of course you can. Displayport is also a good option. Between the three it doesn't matter which you use, as long as you don't use VGA.

An RX 580 will have 2 HDMI's, 2 Displayports and a DVI. Do check what cable comes included with the monitor, usually Dell gives you a displayport cable.

Hellooo

I want to buy this monitor but I'm not sure if I can game on it or even use it...

Multiple connectivity options

Multiple connectivity options

A comprehensive range of analog and digital connectivity ports and cables are included:

• VGA
  • DisplayPort
  • DVI-D (excluding DVI-D cables)
  • USB

Impressive screen clarity

Every detail is bright and clear

• Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution at 60Hz 
  • LED backlit
  • 250 cd/m² brightness
  • 85% color gamut 

I have rx580 strix 

it is very cheap and I don't wanna miss this deal...

Do I buy it ? or I should look for a monitor with an HDMI port?

HELP

Yes, of course you can. Displayport is also a good option. Between the three it doesn't matter which you use, as long as you don't use VGA.

An RX 580 will have 2 HDMI's, 2 Displayports and a DVI. Do check what cable comes included with the monitor, usually Dell gives you a displayport cable.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I use DVI on mine... DVI is just fine. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

DVI and hdmi are very similar .

but why you don't use display port ?

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

nothing wrong with dvi... I'm using one sometimes (and right now to do this). as said above, displayport might be better, but there's nothing wrong with good old dvi

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

use Displayport. it is the supirior port out of all of them (imo, and supported by stats)

It is superior to drive more bandwidth to the monitor, but if it capped at 1080p and 60hz, it would be the same.

For OP, the monitor supported all port that the gpu provide, so just pick one.

HDMI is cheap and universally used in tv also, so you may just already have one in your house.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w