Floatplane Live Add-on (FPL Dark Mode & Bigger Chat Chrome Extension)

Hi everyone!

I have recently added a small chrome extension to the Chrome Web Store (found here: FPL Dark Mode) to change the look of Floatplane's Live pages. It makes the backgrounds darker and chat larger for easier focus on the video/chat. Currently it only works on linustechtips live page, but I can add more page permissions to the plugin if you wish.

I will be adding more functionality and some other styling options in the coming days/weeks, but seen as they are only live once a week I don't really get to test all that much - Any comments/help here would be appreciated.

If there is enough interest I will expand it throughout the rest of Floatplane with extra styling options.

How to use it

Once the plugin is installed, just refresh this page: https://www.floatplane.com/channel/linustechtips/live and it will use the new style sheet. If you navigate to other Floatplane pages, it may still use some styling, so just refresh the page once more to remove it.

Edited by CIubFoot
Rebranded

Cool project! Unfortunately due to trademark something blah blah(I'm not so great at legal stuff) you can't use the logo or floatplane in the title.

I've often pointed to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/betterttv/ajopnjidmegmdimjlfnijceegpefgped to get across guidelines - their own logo and name.. bit of a sassy name :P but a fair enough name in the end haha

I've not tested it or anything, but looking at the code, it seems to inject jQuery, but no other JS. Is there a reason for this, or is it just the remnants of an experiment?

HTTP/2 203

8 hours ago, Slick said:

Cool project! Unfortunately due to trademark something blah blah(I'm not so great at legal stuff) you can't use the logo or floatplane in the title.

Cheers! Thank's for letting me know! I was actually just using it for personal use at first, so never thought of branding it differently! I'll do that now! :D

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

[...] it seems to inject jQuery, but no other JS. Is there a reason for this, or is it just the remnants of an experiment?

The latter! I wasn't actually intending to publish it (was only using it for personal use) so was just mucking about :) I can remove it with an update!