New iPod Touch might be in the works for 2019

captain_to_fire

iPod Touch  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Have you personally owned an iPod Touch before?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what if my headphone jack breaks? now i just have to replace a dongle rather than the entire phone. 

It's pretty hard to break a headphone jack. In fact everybody I know has never broken a headphone jack.

same with the cable for my headphones. i have had those cables go bad on other headphones causing only one speaker to work. i had to throw those headphones away. with my current one's the cable is removable so i only have to replace the cable if that happened again. 

I don't know what you're trying to prove by saying that. That's more related to the headphones themselves rather than Apple removing the headphone jack..

what if my headphone jack breaks?

may I just make a really stupid comment on that? get a dongle for it

the ipod touch needs to be around $200-250 or so. There's a $329 iPad that your kid would probably rather have....

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I wish apple would make an iPod Harddrive, that had no screen but ran iTunes.  It'd be great for in the car.  

Right now I have an old iPod video (1st gen) hooked up in there, it would be nice to see something a little quicker with larger storage that didn't cost $800

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Just now, 1kv said:

It's pretty hard to break a headphone jack.

no it really isn't. i once broke one because i tripped over the cable for soem old headphones i had which ripped the jack on the laptop i had then apart inside. i opened that laptop up later on and it was completely broken. 

my brother broke the headphone jack on his phone because he dropped it with headphones plugged in and it fell on the cable AFAIK... anyway he managed to break it. 

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

may I just make a really stupid comment on that? get a dongle for it

a broken jack (in the case of that laptop where it was pulled apart) can compromise waterproofing etc... 

also i don't know if those headphone jack dongles work with phones and devices that weren't designed for them... 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

a broken jack (in the case of that laptop where it was pulled apart) can compromise waterproofing etc... 

also i don't know if those headphone jack dongles work with phones and devices that weren't designed for them... 

tape helps...

why not? it's all still usb. lightning earpods work on a 5s too. I can varify that

7 minutes ago, 1kv said:

It's pretty hard to break a headphone jack.

nice to meet ya. I broke 2 in 5 years from just daily use. It's part of using a phone for music on a bike

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

you get a DAC dongle like the one from Google. 

talking about waterproofing. if the jack is broken, you can just stuff it with whatever. still dumb comment as any damaged port results in the same. 

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

tape helps...

come on is that your argument? 

why not? it's all still usb. lightning earpods work on a 5s too. I can varify that

interesting. so those dongles have their own DAC in them then?

She/Her

nice to meet ya. I broke 2 in 5 years from just daily use. It's part of using a phone for music on a bike

or in your pocket with headphones plugged in. that broke the plug on one headphone i had. 

She/Her

or in your pocket with headphones plugged in. that broke the plug on one headphone i had. 

that's how I kinda broke 2 jacks. but still, it's not a excuse to me as I can use dongles on any phone

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I've broken many pairs of headphones but again, never a headphone jack.

I walk about 2 miles (3.2 km) everyday while using my headphones.

While I too love my headphone jack, it has nothing to do with the Ipod touch so I'ma just say:

Image result for popcorn gif

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

22 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i have to plug in my phone anyway. the extra 5 seconds to plug in my headset don't bother me. 

i would have had to charge it anyway because i use the noise cancelling anyway, even if the headset is in wired mode. 

well that depends. i bought my headphones with a 21% sale on them so that's a thing. 

but agreed they are more expensive. 

I mean if you need the noise cancelling those are nice, a lot of bluetooth headphones with noise cancelling are like $200-300.

I'd rather have not have to charge more things if i don't have to, and i like having the option of charging the phone and using headphones at the same time.

Just now, TVwazhere said:

While I too love my headphone jack, it has nothing to do with the Ipod touch so I'ma just say:

false.... LET AT LEAST A LITTERAL MUSIC PLAYER HAVE A JACKPLUG

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

come on is that your argument? 

i mean, you can stuff the hole with anything. 

your argument comes down to: headphonejack can break and cause phone to not be liquid resistant. therefore headphonejack is irrelevant. 

its like saying the lighting jack on the Iphone X is useless because it has wireless charging and a broken lighting port might cause it to take liquid damage

My question here is why. Phones have moved past the point of low storage and a genuine need for a secondary device for music playback.

Hell, even direct file music playback is pretty dead, 99% of people stream off Spotify/Pandora/Soundcloud

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Just now, GoldenLag said:

i mean, you can stuff the hole with anything. 

your argument comes down to: headphonejack can break and cause phone to not be liquid resistant. therefore headphonejack is irrelevant. 

its like saying the lighting jack on the Iphone X is useless because it has wireless charging and a broken lighting port might cause it to take liquid damage

to comment on that... I was kinda expecting it already. it would be kind of a apple idea

why? because courage

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

but still, it's not a excuse to me as I can use dongles on any phone

i didn't know you could when i made that argument. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

you get a DAC dongle like the one from Google. 

so do normal dongles work on headphone-jack equipped phones or not? now i'm confused. 

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

and i like having the option of charging the phone and using headphones at the same time.

isn't there a special dongle you can get for that?

Just now, GoldenLag said:

again when i said that i didn't know that dongles work on any phone. it was my understanding that if it broke that was it for the headphone jack output of that phone. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Be careful what you say, more than once Apple leaks have scared us with removal of a Lightning port thus making the phones wireless charging only.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

so do normal dongles work on headphone-jack equipped phones or not?

they do. it's that my dongle is broken that I can't test it for you on my dads pocophone. but I can varify it does work on a iphone 5s

1 minute ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Be careful what you say, more than once Apple leaks have scared us with removal of a Lightning port thus making the phones wireless charging only.

we all know it's going to happen at some time...

so do normal dongles work on headphone-jack equipped phones or not? now i'm confused.

No DAC dongles may or may not work with the phone. They usually dont with phones that have headphone jacks because they dont need to have DAC passthrough the USB C.

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

again when i said that i didn't know that dongles work on any phone. it was my understanding that if it broke that was it for the headphone jack output of that phone. 

Ah sorry. But your argument did sound like something an Apple person would pull. Or even Apple themselves

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

we all know it's going to happen at some time...

Think Different

In all seriousness, I was entertaining getting an iPhone since the 7 came out. Put it off due to my contract not being up. Then the 8 came out, saw no headphone jack, and bailed.

My daily driver headphones cost me nearly $200 and are the best quality headphones ive ever used. Im not choking those with a bluetooth connection.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

I’m just hoping they put a good DAC and AMP in this. I wouldn’t mind Apple returning to DAPs.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?