My new graphics card needs an 8 pin connector but my current one has 6 pin only. Do I need a new PSU?

4 minutes ago, Rytis2 said:

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I will look into upgrading (maybe a bit later). Some say that PFC is active and others have it passive. Is this important? Which is better – I guess active?

Active. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

38 minutes ago, Mycielski said:

Mate, throw that PSU right away, and get a decent one from a reputable brand! I would go with 500W or so, for upgrades down the line!

Active PFC btw, that's a "must have" feature nowadays...

I would go with this one, from the store that you linked: https://www.1a.lt/kompiuteriu_komponentai_tinklo_produktai/korpusas_ir_ausinimas/maitinimo_blokai/be_quiet_system_power_9_500w

I guess I won't risk it after all and don't even buy the adapter temporarily and order this Be Quiet PSU. I remember for one week or so the PC would shut down unexpectedly out of nowhere (I think when playing games). But it did that for only a week or so and then it didn't anymore. I don't know if that was a loose power cable or the PSU. And when I turn on the I O button after plugging the power cord it sparkles for a split moment.

It says it has two 6 + 2 PIN connections. Is it correct that 6 + 2 is the same as an 8 pin which my graphics card requires?

I have this PSU, so far it works great (have it like for a year). It has a premium look and feel to it, and also utilize modern technology (DC-DC conversion, rather then multiple transformator inside).

Yeah, 6+2 pin means, that it is basically an 8 pin, but it's divided in a 6+2 manner, so it can also fit 6 pin.

It has even 2 6+2pin connector, so it should be enough for upgrades.

Sparks are not a good sign, in any place inside a computer... That was a heavy warning for you! :D

You know, these kind of cheap PSU can even cause fire, so it's a potential risk. Always go for a quality PSU and MOBO, that's rule #1. :D You can save money on fancy cooling and rgb :D not on these parts.

9 hours ago, Rytis2 said:

84679938972860ff2657b00810e23c62856347be

Here is the picture. I'm from Lithuania (EU). What would you recommend from this eshop: https://www.1a.lt/kompiuteriu_komponentai_tinklo_produktai/korpusas_ir_ausinimas/maitinimo_blokai/filter/431_o:439_o ?

Xilence Performance A+ and X (preferred) are decent.

be quiet Pure Power 10 and 11 with 400W and more are also recommendable and have better fans than the Xilence.

And they aren't even that expensive.

So you have some good options in that shop.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"