My monitor isn’t working

Xx_DonutEater_xX

When I turn on the monitor it shines the blue led which means it turns on, but than it says no signal and the led turns orange which means it is on stadby. I tried using both cables I had (HDMI and DVI) but nothing worked. But when I connect the PC to the TV in the living room the PC is working perfectly. I contacted ViewSonic about this (my monitor is from ViewSonic as you’ve probably guessed), but they couldn’t help me. Plus my monitor is out of warranty of quite some time already. And yes I did try to change the input for the monitor (by pressing 2), but it didn’t work. Any suggestions?

on the first image the monitor is on standby

on the second one it’s turned on

on the third one it says no signal

and on the fourth one it’s on standby again.

by the way, it does detect when I plug the cables and it goes from standby to “working” and than back to standby

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

How about connecting an other device to the monitor? Or if it has multiple ports, try using the other one.

I don’t have any other PCs that are working right now and I tried all of the ports. The monitor should be plug and play. I am getting a new monitor soon       ( in1-2 months) but it would be nice if my current monitor could work