*DATA LOST* Question about recovery!

Ganondorf

Hey everybody,

Unfortunately tonight whilst trying to backup my wifes iphone we ended up losing around 80% of her photos, 

most of the photos are of our young daughter from the past two years and she is really upset about it.

From what I understand about digital storage, the files are still there as she hasnt used her phone at all since the delete and therefore hasnt actually over written that data yet. 

I have been looking for software to browse and extract these "deleted" files. There is lots of options but they are all chinese reskins of the same software and you need to pay to be able to actually recover your photos... it feels like ransom ware.

I am not super super tech savey but I would love some suggestions.

I rememebr being able to do some really deep iphone recovery about 3 years ago with a piece of free software so I am hoping someone has a suggestion for good free ware to solve this. Also I want to be careful as to not disturb any data in the meantime. Thank you!

Not sure exactly where to post this so posting to a few different places, thanks! 

Dude, why did you spam, you only have to post it once. What were you trying to backup the phone onto?

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Hey sorry, I thought I was posting in different sub forums..... 

I backed up half of her data to a hardrive, and erased the half I backed up, Instead it deleted more than the backed up data.

So we have half, and the other half was randomly purged by the backup software. 

My questions is mroe looking for good iphone recovery software... or something else. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

@Ganondorf please refrain from making multiple threads in different sections of the forums. 

Sorry delete as you see fit

Firstly, about the software. I think it is a reasonable way for them only to ask money once it has detected the files. That way the software is pretty certain that it will succeed, so they will get less calls for customer support, and the customer doesn't have to pay for software of which he is not sure if it will work.

Now, moving on to your problem. Having the data on an iPhone makes things a bit more complicated. Are you sure the pictures are not backup-upped to her Onedrive or iCloud by accident?
If not the case I would ask yourself how much money the data is worth to you, and get in touch with a professional recovery service. If it is not worth around 1000 euro, then I would give this Chinese software a shot, if it already detected the pictures. How much does it cost, if I may ask?