SSD partiton error

I am having computer problems, can someone help? So I bought a new SSD yesterday and it came today but when I copied my old SSD on to this it only had a 120gb partition but there was still 120gb unallocated. In disk management, if I right click on the main partition and click extend to add the other 120gb it won't let me do anything. any fixes? Thanks, Will

There no error message put the extend button is unclickable 

Just now, vexefon said:

image.png.c396c7eaa4109b6a15bdb7d8c83ed418.png

There is that other partition in the way. You need to move or delete(only if not needed, keep it if unknown) that first.

Your best option here is to boot into a linux live disk like ubuntu, then use gparted to move that partition to the end, then you can extend that partition.

thanks, I will boot up into ubuntu now and give it a go

25 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

There is that other partition in the way. You need to move or delete(only if not needed, keep it if unknown) that first.

Your best option here is to boot into a linux live disk like ubuntu, then use gparted to move that partition to the end, then you can extend that partition.

still same problem

2 minutes ago, vexefon said:

still same problem

in gparted that option should be called in another way, like "copy" then you can paste on an unallocated space, so you better soft delete the new drive to prepare it (i say that because I don't know if it lets you copy on a formatted partition) first of all make sure on the ubuntu live there is the ntfs support (sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g, you need to be connected to a network), and make also sure all of the partitions you need to copy are not mounted 

I made the unallocated space in to a new partition and it wont let me copy it and paste

22 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

in gparted that option should be called in another way, like "copy" then you can paste on an unallocated space, so you better soft delete the new drive to prepare it (i say that because I don't know if it lets you copy on a formatted partition) first of all make sure on the ubuntu live there is the ntfs support (sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g, you need to be connected to a network), and make also sure all of the partitions you need to copy are not mounted 

I made the unallocated space in to a new partition and it wont let me copy it and paste

6 minutes ago, vexefon said:

Maybe the entire partition is bigger (even if for a couple of kilobytes) and won't let you copy anyway, you could try shrinking the partition you want to copy the most possible and then trying to copy again 

Anyway, is it a Primary or Logical partition? 

22 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

Maybe the entire partition is bigger (even if for a couple of kilobytes) and won't let you copy anyway, you could try shrinking the partition you want to copy the most possible and then trying to copy again 

Anyway, is it a Primary or Logical partition? 

its a primary partition and I have tried that

20 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

screenshot after gparated? You need the free space after the partition.

Screenshot from 2019-01-16 01-37-24.png

Just now, vexefon said:

Screenshot from 2019-01-16 01-37-24.png

that partition still hasen't moved. 

WHat happends when you try to move /dev/sda5 to the end of the drive?

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

that partition still hasen't moved. 

WHat happends when you try to move /dev/sda5 to the end of the drive?

i can not move it or how do i

1 minute ago, vexefon said:

i can not move it or how do i

right click on /dev/sda5(the small one at the end, not your mail c drive), then click move/resize, and drag it to the end of the drive, click apply and give it a minute. Make sure to have backups first.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

right click on /dev/sda5(the small one at the end, not your mail c drive), then click move/resize, and drag it to the end of the drive, click apply and give it a minute. Make sure to have backups first.

1271653383_Screenshotfrom2019-01-1601-54-39.thumb.png.652206e361928b20e754732b267773c5.png

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

am i missing somthing

3 minutes ago, vexefon said:

1271653383_Screenshotfrom2019-01-1601-54-39.thumb.png.652206e361928b20e754732b267773c5.png

What is that new partition #1 at the end of the drive, delete that.

You want to move the little partition to the end, don't make a new one.

right done that I am not sure why I can not move it

Screenshot from 2019-01-16 02-00-57.png

7 minutes ago, vexefon said:

right done that I am not sure why I can not move it

Screenshot from 2019-01-16 02-00-57.png

It's marked as unclean, you need to chkdsk from windows or either try "check" with gparted, or "ntfsfix -b" in the linux terminal

1 minute ago, Lukyp said:

It's marked as unclean, you need to chkdsk from windows or either try "check" with gparted, or "ntfsfix -b" in the linux terminal

Then boot back into windows, and shutdown(disable fast boot, or restart and pull plug when in bios menu)