Intel buying out AMD rumors

Fasauceome
4 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

you think AMD being smaller than intel will mean that the entire world is ok with only one cpu supplier existing? lmfao

Who cares what the world thinks? AMD and Intel are both American companies, and the current US administration would rubber stamp this buyout so fast your head would spin. x86 CPUs wouldn't be the first market to be practically owned by a single supplier anyway.

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

Just now, System32.exe said:

Who cares what the world thinks? AMD and Intel are both American companies, and the current US administration would rubber stamp this buyout so fast your head would spin, x86 CPUs wouldn't be the first market to be practically owned by a single supplier.

Both the EU and US would curb stomp any intel pipe dreams of owning AMD. AMD would not accept any offer and neither would regulators

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

Both the EU and US would curb stomp any intel pipe dreams of owning AMD. AMD would not accept any offer and neither would regulators

What's the EU going to do about it? Just look at Microsoft and Google, the EU can't do shit to actually stop monopolies, at best they'll be a thorn in Intel's side every once in a while.

US? The current administration is so corrupt, this kind of buyout would have minimal challenges in court.

What's the EU going to do about it? Just look at Microsoft and Google, the EU can't do shit to actually stop monopolies, at best they'll be a thorn in Intel's side every once in a while.

US? The current administration is so corrupt, this kind of buyout would have minimal challenges in court.

They curbstomped Microsoft, you got that super wrong. Not sure what you mean about Google. These may be american companis but they have their FABS and other shit around the world. Even if Intel lined trump's pocket with gold they are going to get rekt otherwise

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Even if Intel lined trump's pocket with gold

Maybe that's why there's a 14nm shortage, supplies are going...

elsewhere

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, System32.exe said:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/18/17587620/google-european-commission-billion-fine-microsoft-antitrust

$5 billion for merely being anti-competitive with browser choice on android. That's a curbstomp to me

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Maybe that's why there's a 14nm shortage, supplies are going...

elsewhere

Much more likely just a focus on 10nm.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

They curbstomped Microsoft, you got that super wrong. Not sure what you mean about Google. These may be american companis but they have their FABS and other shit around the world. Even if Intel lined trump's pocket with gold they are going to get rekt otherwise

Curbstomped Microsoft how? Windows is still the only relevant desktop OS in Europe.

Curbstomped Microsoft how? Windows is still the only relevant desktop OS in Europe.

It's the only relevant OS in the world, that's not what the lawsuit was about.

Just now, 2SidedPolygon said:

Much more likely just a focus on 10nm.

It was joke, why you gotta make sense

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/18/17587620/google-european-commission-billion-fine-microsoft-antitrust

$5 billion for merely being anti-competitive. That's a curbstomp to me

$5 billion? That's a slap on the wrist for these giant corporations, lol.

1 minute ago, System32.exe said:

Intel isnt going to want to pay $5 billion. But here's the thing, they wouldnt be fined they would be denied from purchasing AMD's global holdings.

5 billion for " The European Commission says Google has abused its Android market dominance in three key areas. Google has been bundling its search engine and Chrome apps into the operating system. Google has also blocked phone makers from creating devices that run forked versions of Android, and it “made payments to certain large manufacturers and mobile network operators” to exclusively bundle the Google search app on handsets. "

You dont bankrupt a company for doing shit like that, $5 billion is pretty fair

Just now, fasauceome said:

It was joke, why you gotta make sense

Ah alright I was hoping it was but wasn't sure

Yeah, this ain't going to happen, especially with AMD beginning to show profits...  The more likely scenario (still doubtful) would be the mention of Intel trying to poach Lisa Su as their new CEO.  There would be no benefit to Intel as a corporation in outright purchasing AMD.  Feels more like tech clickbait article.

Although to be fair, the usual non-penalty slap on the wrist rates are in the hundreds of millions for fines, even less significant.

Primary PC:

Just now, 2SidedPolygon said:

Ah alright I was hoping it was but wasn't sure

To be fair if I was president I would probably want my bribes in the form of a kickin CPU.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

On top of that, it's usually over time and not at once.

Just now, fasauceome said:

Although to be fair, the usual non-penalty slap on the wrist rates are in the hundreds of millions for fines, even less significant.

Again, I'm just saying the EU isnt gonna sit around and just let it happen. They wouldnt fine intel anything they would block the sale

The EU has zero power to stop this, Intel will laugh all the way to the bank while getting slapped with a pathetic fine that gets easily covered by a single quarter's earnings.

The EU has zero power to stop this, Intel will laugh all the way to the bank while getting slapped with a pathetic fine that gets easily covered by a single quarter's earnings.

You dont get fined for acquiring companies.. You clearly have no idea how this actually works in the real world right. AMD has fabs and shit in the EU....

You dont get fined for acquiring companies.. You clearly have no idea how this actually works in the real world right. AMD has fabs and shit in the EU....

What? Pretty sure AMD went fabless years ago when they spun off GloFo.

A back and forth about the EU is fine and dandy, but I think what's most notable is that, ya know, they haven't. They could've last year, the year before, or the year before that. Didn't. And AMD was worse off then.

WHY? AMD was originally a second source for Intel Chips back in the day. Then they started doing their own. But for the most part Intel and AMD pretty much just do some the product. I mean yeah there are slight difference in performance and capabilities, but does AMD really stand out that much? The only thing I could see is Intel possibly buying Radeon Group, as Intel has shown interest in getting in to GPU's. 

Not to mention a merger like this wont get past the DOJ, FCC, FTC, or possibly even congress if they have any powers in the matter. I mean look at the hard time TMobile is having with the Sprint merger. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

What? Pretty sure AMD went fabless years ago when they spun off GloFo.

Sorry i mean assets, you are right i was thinking of GLoFO but they do have assets all over the world, just like Intel. They are both multinational companies and the US does not have the sole power to let Intel acquire AMD and be the sole provider of high performance x86 chips in the entire world. It wouldnt actually work like that

5 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Again, I'm just saying the EU isnt gonna sit around and just let it happen. They wouldnt fine intel anything they would block the sale

I don't really care for what the EU says or doesn't say, considering they've let Apple get away with all this crap that they'll fine anyone not Apple for and they command a non-trivial amount of the market share.