"G-Sync Compatible" Master Thread

Glenwing

Anyone with the acer kg271u 144hz? I turned G-sync on for both windowed and fullscreen and it feels worse than having it on.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

• 1 month later...

It's crazy how this is still a problem, either do it right or don't half ass on us Nvidia

Anyone else started experiencing issues (like blacking out when changing from game to in-game menu and opposite) with adaptive sync / Gsync compatible monitors after the recent 440.97 update? Gsync works fine with previous drivers...

Cheers

19 hours ago, rijzen said:

Samsung s27r750q working great with gsync range 48-144hz

Even with the newest nvidia drivers?

1 hour ago, Envit0 said:

Even with the newest nvidia drivers?

Yeah , with the new drivers it even added better support for some of my games like ghost recon breakpoint

edit: I did have to redo all my control panel settings though

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 5:08 AM, cluelessgenius said:

alright so heres my experience so far. i feel i must be doing something wrong because i cant seem to see any significant difference with the pedulum demo or the that website test.

so i got my 34UC88-B connected via displayport and Freesync activated in OSD.

NVIDIA driver lets me enable g-sync - done.

set monitor to 75hz 

open cru and set range to 35-75

restart with cru

open wildlands for testing

feels amazing

then i got black frames / frame skipping

shit...

ok lets read online ...someone mentioned frame skipping aove 60hz

well that a bummer

alright set range to 35-61 as per instruction

open wildands ,....nice its gone.....ohhh no there it is.

tldr; runs, works, feels great, occasional frame skipping and weird dimming effect in loading screens might bother some but i think i still prefer it to no using g-sync

So LG monitors are a toast for 75Hz? Bummer, was gonna buy 34UB88-P, but now I won't. 

1 minute ago, MysticLTT said:

So LG monitors are a toast for 75Hz? Bummer, was gonna buy 34UB88-P, but now I won't. 

well i may have had something to do with my configuration. right now im running 75hz on everything totally fine with g-sync enabled but i havent messed with cru in forever. i dont know but id say 75hz is totally working. although i dont know about a big difference to 60hz . sometimes i think about getting a higher hz one.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

2 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

well i may have had something to do with my configuration. right now im running 75hz on everything totally fine with g-sync enabled but i havent messed with cru in forever. i dont know but id say 75hz is totally working. although i dont know about a big difference to 60hz . sometimes i think about getting a higher hz one.

Have you done a frame skipping test? https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

3 minutes ago, MysticLTT said:

Have you done a frame skipping test? https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

no but i gladly can when i get home

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

3 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

no but i gladly can when i get home

Please do, the reason you may not see the difference between 60 and 75 is because it might render 60 frames even though it says 75 everywhere by skipping those frames, but if not then problem solved.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:00 PM, MysticLTT said:

Please do, the reason you may not see the difference between 60 and 75 is because it might render 60 frames even though it says 75 everywhere by skipping those frames, but if not then problem solved.

so bad news i guess i did a bunch of tests and while i now have seen worse cases there is still some frame skipping going on. 60 is fine but anything above gets it

Spoiler

20191121_195829.jpg20191121_195805.jpg

20191121_195707.jpg

20191121_195609.jpg

6 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

so bad news i guess i did a bunch of tests and while i now have seen worse cases there is still some frame skipping going on. 60 is fine but anything above gets it

Hide contents

20191121_195829.jpg20191121_195805.jpg

20191121_195707.jpg

20191121_195609.jpg

Bummer but thanks for all the work

6 hours ago, MysticLTT said:

Bummer but thanks for all the work

no problem looking at other options myself right now :D.

was thinking about it anyway since i mostly do my gaming in the evening or at night. and the ips glow is kinda noticable with a lot of games. but then i see comparisons between ips and va options and the image in general always looks better on ips. idk rtings.com puts dells AW3418DW in first place for best gaming ultrawide and the predator Z35P as best VA alternative. but the predator has those real thicc bezels sooo... yeah idk. the hp omen x35 looks promising but i havent seen any tests yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question regarding the VRR support that has recently been added to Nvidia 20 and 16 series GPUs. VRR is a feature that was implemented on HDMI 2.1, but support has been added to Nvidia's HDMI 2.0 GPUs. Is there anything inherent to the standard of HDMI 2.1 that requires a 2.1 cable to be run between the display and the GPU? Or will a 2.0 cable suffice?

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a list for gsync ranges of monitor's, or is there a general rule or something? 

I want to buy a 144Hz + 1080p monitor but I rarely find that info and it seems to be a pretty important factor for me  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 1 month later...

Acer XV272U P (ACER Nitro XV272UPbmiiprzx [um.hx2ee.p01])

G-Sync compatible as of 441.66 or newer

Having problems in multi-monitor setup

I am experiencing blackouts (monitor going black screen and back on again) with 100% reproduction on my config and with a 100% fix that works only until reboot. The setup is:
Ryzen 5 1600, KFA2 GeForce 1080ti, 24GB RAM, Windows 10 x64 1909, Nvidia drivers ver. 442.19
DP-DP Acer XV272UP 144Hz 1440p G-sync compatible
DP-HDMI Dell S2340L 60Hz 1080p
DP-DVI Old Sony XDM-X72 60Hz 1280x1024
HDMI-HDMI bbk TV 60Hz 4K
Whenever I start Pendulum demo in G-sync mode the screen starts flickering \ blacking out like crazy (every second the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds).
I've tried everything from changing cables and installing display drivers, trying all sorts of different nvidia drivers with clean install using DDU to even replacing GPU - nothing helped, except one thing.

The solution that works for me without fail to stop the flickering while still enjoying g-sync on multi-monitor setup (4 monitors):

1. Start Pendulum demo normally
  2. Unplug all other monitor cables from GPU (leaving the g-sync one in)
  3. Wait a few seconds to make sure flickering/blackout is gone and plug them back again

After that there are no flickers at all. But it only works until reboot. After reboot you have to do this procedure again. Even after sleep/hibernate.
I Hope this helps someone and hope Nvidia comes up with a more elegant way to fix it without having to replug cables every boot.

I have also tested and reproduced this same bug on completely different PC, running latest (442.19) nvidia drivers, w10 x64 1909, this time on Intel platform instead of AMD, so there's no correlation with that as well. This definitely looking more and more like a driver g-sync issue rather than anything else. So the other PC also had multiple monitors connected:
Via DVI: BenQ XL2411t 1080p 144hz
Via DP: DELL 3008WFP 1600p 60hz
I have added g-sync monitor and started Pendulum test - the screen was blinking - going black for 2-3 seconds.. I applied my fix that I described above, but this time I unplugged only one monitor - my DELL that was connected on other DP and then plugged it back after a few seconds. Results are astonishing: once again g-sync is working perfectly with NO black screen for 2-3 seconds.
The g-sync is working fine when the monitor is the only one that is connected, also there are no blinking when g-sync is switched off even in multi-monitor mode.

Hope this helps someone.

I've also sent this bug report to nvidia.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait is there a difference between "G sync compatible" and actual g sync.

1 hour ago, can_of_lit said:

Wait is there a difference between "G sync compatible" and actual g sync.

Yes.

G-sync compatible = FreeSync monitor but validated by Nvidia to perform at a certain level (so bottom of the barrel FreeSync monitors won't be called G sync compatible).

G-Sync = Nvidia propitiatory chip and protocol, and ensures higher standards and feature sets than what you may find on "S-Sync Compatible" monitors (and FreeSync monitors).

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a Asus MG279Q and it says on website it supports Freesync/GSYNC, but it only supports freesync/gsync at max 90hz, WHICH IS SUPER LAME.

Question for you all, do you prefer 144hz no g-sync OR 90hz WITH GSYNC on? 

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I can have this monitor LG 38UC99 for  rly good price, but i have nvidia card and if the g-sync enabled does not work properly on this monitor I do not want it. Is the problem solved yet or does it still persist at 75Hz? 
Thanks for the answers. 

I have a Problem with my acer xr382 with a 1080ti. The screen goes black randomly for 2-3 seconds every 8 seconds or so while gaming when i use gsync compatible. I tried extending the vsync range to a lower min but it didnt work, i think it got even worse. Also tried three different dp cables. I know its not officially compatible but maybe someone out there has a fix for me. 

On 4/17/2020 at 6:41 PM, Mp28pa said:

I have a Problem with my acer xr382 with a 1080ti. The screen goes black randomly for 2-3 seconds every 8 seconds or so while gaming when i use gsync compatible. I tried extending the vsync range to a lower min but it didnt work, i think it got even worse. Also tried three different dp cables. I know its not officially compatible but maybe someone out there has a fix for me. 

Do you have multiple monitors or just one?