system fans cut to half speed after loading into windows

Rodneyg87

So here's the thing got on this morning all exited about the new nvidia driver, well after downloading that and finding for some reason freesync with my gtx 1080 ti will not engage I restarted my pc one last time to see if it would kick in. Well when I hit the sign in window all of a sudden my fans which I normally keep at 100% for maximum cooling kicked down to 50% speed then I put my password in and open up Asus AI suite to turn them back up. Once I hit the turbo button all of a sudden my system shuts down. Restart after having to cycle the power button on the power supply all is normal except the fans anyone have any ideas? And any time I try to kick the fans back up in windows the system shuts off go into bios turn the curves back up the work like normal till I hit sign in screen once again then back down cycle keeps repeating. 

System specs

Ryzen 7 2700x clocked at 4.2ghz

16gb trident z at 3066mhz

asus crosshair hero 7 wifi

evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3 hybrid edition

fractal design s36 360mm aio

evga g2 750w psu/ with custom sleeved cables

as for fans

2 cooler master rgb fans in the top

3 inwin aurora fans in the front on the aio

and 1 evga fan on the 120mm aio for the gpu

according to both CAM and ryzen master my temps are all under 40 degrees celcius and my pc has run like this for the last year since I built it. 

ok that's weird after writing this threat I thought to myself why not try uninstalling AI suite all of a sudden now my fans are staying at their normal 100% speeds without a system shut down. But that program has been on my system since I built it due to it being part of the chipset package for my motherboard. 

There have been some Windows system updates recently.  Maybe the program isn't compatible with the latest update.

Just now, VIVO-US said:

There have been some Windows system updates recently.  Maybe the program isn't compatible with the latest update.

true maybe cause i do remember an auto update hitting this morning when trying to get my freesync to kick in on my 1080 ti