Raspberry Pi 3 B for CCTV camera motion only recording?

Hey guys, i have this project with CCTV camera to start recording only when movement appears. Its for home security and when i think about it maybe i could use a raspberry pi for it. But here comes the question for those who are experienced with Pi because im totaly new into it so it is possible to use raspberry pi for this type of function only? Because using an older laptop etc is more power demanding and not that great solution speaking of space/noise. And if somebody could talk with me about it, lead me and help me trought? I already tried google/youtube about connecting an cctv camera but everyone is using usb webcam not serious CCTV and because i already got a CCTV camera i need to stick with it.
+ I dont know if software for this type of cameras will be compatible with raspberry OS (i know i can install linux etc.).
So is there somebody into it with good will to help ?

Thank you guys!

If your camera outputs an analog signal, you'll need to convert it into a digital signal first. If it outputs a digital signal, you'll need to figure out its details. Then install and configure Zoneminder on the RPi.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You can certainly use a CCTV camera with a raspberry pi controller, assuming your CCTV camera sends video over IP (not something proprietary).

You could use something simular to: https://randomnerdtutorials.com/cctv-raspberry-pi-based-system-storage-motioneyeos/ 

Where the Hub is a raspberry pi setup as they explain but rather than additional RPis for the cameras, use your CCTV camera.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

If your camera outputs an analog signal, you'll need to convert it into a digital signal first. If it outputs a digital signal, you'll need to figure out its details. Then install and configure Zoneminder on the RPi.

My camera connect via Ethernet/Wifi and software (its P2P IP cam to be clear)

1 minute ago, Besty said:

My camera connect via Ethernet/Wifi and software (its P2P IP cam to be clear)

If it supports ONVIF, then it can be used with Zoneminder. If it doesn't, well, then you'll just have to figure out yourself if the video-stream can be accessed directly or not.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.