Asus ROG Strix GL702VM Laptop Won't POST

My laptop ASUS ROG STRIX GL702VM won't POST. Screen is black, with no ROG logo splash screen. LED indicator light for battery (charging) and power works, but the storage LED doesn't blink even once. I tried removing battery and CMOS battery with no luck. Is there another way to reset BIOS CMOS? 

I tried holding power button for 2 minutes again no luck. I tried removing both RAM modules and it gives flashing green LED indicator. Tried one of either RAM gives no flashing green LED, but still won't POST. I also tried swapping NVMe and HDD for boot drives and also Windows 10 bootable USB, but it doesn't look useful, since it won't even load the UEFI BIOS. The CPU fan is active, and all the USB ports output power, however the keyboard is off (Backlight is off and CapsLock does not toggle). I tried plugging external USB keyboard, but it isn't detected. 

I'm out of ideas. I called ASUS Customer Service for repair cost, he quoted $600 USD. That's insane! If anyone ever solved this problem, please let me know.

Is it really out of warranty already? That's outrageous. Sounds like a dead motherboard, my Alienware has done that to me twice now.

Edit: Ugh. Motherboards are going for over a grand on eBay. I think you might have to eat the cost and get it fixed unless you want to bin it and get a new laptop.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Might just want to get a new one

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 hours ago, ApolloX75 said:

Is it really out of warranty already? That's outrageous. Sounds like a dead motherboard, my Alienware has done that to me twice now.

Edit: Ugh. Motherboards are going for over a grand on eBay. I think you might have to eat the cost and get it fixed unless you want to bin it and get a new laptop.

No warranty unfortunately. 4 months out of the 1 year warranty. Sad...

1 hour ago, ReptillusMax said:

So, nobody managed to fix this kind of problem?

The price they quoted you for repair is insane man especially that they didn't take a look at the laptop to even know what's the real problem.

When did this happen? just suddenly? Can you recall if you did or changed anything prior to this happening?

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

Literally everything except for the ram and ssd is soldered to the board. So if you have already ruled out ram the ssd wouldnt cause a no post condition. You are left with it needing a full motherboard. 600 is pretty reasonable for main board replacement.

I mean if you wanted to fix it yourself you could always buy a board off of ebay, but your better off either buying new or having asus repair it.

Edited by markr54632