School laptop suggestions

Hey everyone! Im kinda shopping around for a laptop, but it will mostly be for writing code at school. It doesnt need to have gaming performance, i have a pretty beefy gaming computer at home. But I would like it to still feel pretty snappy, so optimal specs would be like an i5, solid state storage (nvme especially), and like 8 or 16GB of RAM (Also, I know this is the LTT forum, but it literally has to be a windows machine, so mac’s are out of the question) looking for suggestions that are semi budget, and maybe light weight as well, looking for around 1000 or so! 

Thanks everyone!

5 hours ago, ADedL33Sp00n said:

snip

Location? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs? Any preference on battery life and display quality?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, Adam132 said:

The dell xps 15 or 13 are all really sweet

Are you just spamming this around? The new xps is certainly not sweet unless you mean it is a toaster that can cook sweet things.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:40 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Location? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs? Any preference on battery life and display quality?

I would prefer a pretty decent battery life, thin and light is fine considering i dont want or need a dedicated gpu inside of it. a 1080p display is fine, i mostly just need it for productivity and basic coding, as long as it can handle a few ide’s and is snappy for everyday tasks i would be happy

1 hour ago, ADedL33Sp00n said:

I would prefer a pretty decent battery life, thin and light is fine considering i dont want or need a dedicated gpu inside of it. a 1080p display is fine, i mostly just need it for productivity and basic coding, as long as it can handle a few ide’s and is snappy for everyday tasks i would be happy

You still haven't said what country. Since you have said it's for coding I really highly suggest going to a store and trying some machines out.

The most important thing in a laptop for coding is the keyboard. No one can tell you what kind of keyboard you will like. Personally I cant stand the compact layouts found in most of the sub 15" laptops and I absolutely will not touch anything without a physical numpad. Your opinion will differ.

As for hardware anything that runs windows and has 8gb of ram or more with a modern processor should be able to keep up in class.

9 hours ago, ADedL33Sp00n said:

pretty decent battery life, thin and light is fine

Give a range in hours and kg/lbs respectively (min battery life and max weight)

And where are you from?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128