Main monitor pixellated after wake up?

DrThots

I have two monitors, my main 1080p one and my old monitor. The old monitor works fine when it goes to sleep but the main one is extremely pixellated and 25% of the screen has a barrier of wall. It's pixellated as well and if i try to turn it off and on again it just crashes/freezes the whole pc and I have to reboot again. Heres a picture. Only started happening 3-4 days ago IMG_20190114_160852.jpg

My second monitor is fine 

13 minutes ago, DrThots said:

I have two monitors

My second monitor is fine 

Allow me a guess:

You have an Nvidia GPU and are running the 410+ series drivers as well?

1 minute ago, Aprime said:

Allow me a guess:

410+? as it includes 1080,1070 ect? cus i have gtx 1060, i5 6600k z170a pc mate motherboard, 16gb ram

2 minutes ago, Aprime said:

Allow me a guess:

Im going to try and update my gpu card, hopefully it can fix it.

Just now, DrThots said:

Im going to try and update my gpu card, hopefully it can fix it.

Roll back the driver, DDU it if necessary and reinstall the latest drivers or the previous ones. See if it's stable in the latest drivers, if not then go to the drivers that came out before the latest ones.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

1 minute ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Roll back the driver, DDU it if necessary and reinstall the latest drivers or the previous ones. See if it's stable in the latest drivers, if not then go to the drivers that came out before the latest ones.

Im not too sure what you mean, but i understand you want me to roll back the drivers. I'll try to update to the latest one and see if it will fix the problem im having. 

So you have an Nvidia GPU as predicted.

You would actually need to roll back the drivers if you don't want to have to deal with this until Nvidia fixes the problems it's been accumulating with multi-display setups and DisplayPort since I believe the September or October update.

DDU is not necessary @CharminUltraStrong. The Nvidia clean install option will do in this case. But for your info @DrThots, DDU is a piece of third party software that does full/clean uninstallations of drivers.

So you have an Nvidia GPU as predicted.

You would actually need to roll back the drivers if you don't want to have to deal with this until Nvidia fixes the problems it's been accumulating with multi-display setups and DisplayPort since I believe the September or October update.

ah, so its not just my pc then, so the problem is occuring to others with dual monitor display?

DDU is not necessary @CharminUltraStrong. The Nvidia clean install option will do in this case. But for your info @DrThots, DDU is a piece of third party software that does full/clean uninstallations of drivers.

would i rollback in device manager or geforce experience

Just now, DrThots said:

ah, so its not just my pc then, so the problem is occuring to others with dual monitor display?

Yes. A lot of us have run into those issues here and at home. My workaround since Adobe requires those drivers be updated so far is to either not run the 2019 updates or to... Run Quadros with enterprise drivers that haven't been affected (the regular update stream is), lol.

1 minute ago, DrThots said:

would i rollback in device manager or geforce experience

Download the older drivers straight off the Nvidia site and perform a clean install. There should be an "archive" submenu.

Download the older drivers straight off the Nvidia site and perform a clean install. There should be an "archive" submenu.

would i need to uninstall my current nvidia drive or would it just replace it automatically? Also is the clean install option avaliable ONLY when you download it. Is there a video tutorial online, im not too good with myself at this stuff

It should replace it, hence my reference ot the "clean uninstall" option in the installer.

It should replace it, hence my reference ot the "clean uninstall" option in the installer.

Im having some trouble trying to find the old drivers, could you link me to it please if its possible, sorry for the hassle

6 minutes ago, DrThots said:

Im having some trouble trying to find the old drivers, could you link me to it please if its possible, sorry for the hassle

Here's the page if you want to find old drivers.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx

Try this one, it's 399.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/137727/en-us

Yes so long as you want to resolve your issue. Being on the cutting edge of updates is really not always better and can cause more headaches (namely, the ones you're experiencing) at times.

Just keep on the lookout for future updates addressing this bug. Nvidia releases patch notes and they've already fixed some of the multi-display problems in the newest patch, just not all of them.

3 minutes ago, Aprime said:

Yes so long as you want to resolve your issue. Being on the cutting edge of updates is really not always better and can cause more headaches (namely, the ones you're experiencing) at times.

Just keep on the lookout for future updates addressing this bug. Nvidia releases patch notes and they've already fixed some of the multi-display problems in the newest patch, just not all of them.

i see, will this older update affect my fps in game? and if so by how much

1 hour ago, DrThots said:

i see, will this older update affect my fps in game? and if so by how much

You can reference the change lists of the updates that followed it to know if it will affect anything else.

You can reference the change lists of the updates that followed it to know if it will affect anything else.

Right, well Im currently in a live chat with a nvidia supporter or whatever theyre called, they basically got me to uninstall geforce exp, and install latest version. Lets see if its fixed. If its not then i'll download the version u recommended me

8 minutes ago, DrThots said:

Right, well Im currently in a live chat with a nvidia supporter or whatever theyre called, they basically got me to uninstall geforce exp, and install latest version. Lets see if its fixed. If its not then i'll download the version u recommended me

It really isn't fixed but go right ahead.