What is a decent, nice cooler for i7 9700k?

Candice

Heya!

I recently started building a new PC ?

Its my first time and I'm wondering what would be a nice all in one water cooler? that would do my job? 

Thanks,

Candice x 

P.S. I don't know how to overclock, or think I'd need it for Black Ops 4? 

6 minutes ago, Candice said:

Heya!

I recently started building a new PC ?

Its my first time and I'm wondering what would be a nice all in one water cooler? that would do my job? 

Thanks,

Candice x 

P.S. I don't know how to overclock, or think I'd need it for Black Ops 4? 

Edit, I'm stupid it was in the title. But what monitor resolution and what GPU?

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Cryorig H5 Ultimate,H7 Quad Lumi, Dark Rock 4, Arctic Freezer 33 Esports edition.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

@CandiceI'm using a 1070 FTW2 with an i5 9600k overclocked to 5.2 Ghz. With everything set to ultra 1080p I don't get under 100 FPS.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Cryorig H5 Ultimate,H7 Quad Lumi, Dark Rock 4, Arctic Freezer 33 Esports edition.

She said AIO not air cooler.

@CandiceLook into the EVGA CLC 280, that's what I'm running at the moment and it keeps my CPU nice and chilly even with all the heatspill from my GPU.

The Louvre

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

@CandiceLook into the EVGA CLC 280, that's what I'm running at the moment and it keeps my CPU nice and chilly even with all the heatspill from my GPU.

Didn't see that xD  What kind of savage wants to use AiO with stock CPU clocks??

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

3 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Didn't see that xD  What kind of savage wants to use AiO with stock CPU clocks??

Most MOBOs give you OC profiles nowadays so getting a basic one up and running would work out just fine. Besides, all it takes is typing in 52 or 53 in the multiplier and setting the over volt to 1.3 or so. Don't even need a cache OC.

The Louvre

16 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I have a 1080ti hybrid from evga, i run 1080 res ?, which is good enough...?, Im not a crazy insane gamer ?

Thermalright LGM 

5 hours ago, Candice said:

I have a 1080ti hybrid from evga, i run 1080 res ?, which is good enough...?, Im not a crazy insane gamer ?

1080p on a 1080ti is wasted potential. 1070s are what you want for ultra 1080 and high 1440p but Ok. Still, I recommend the CLC 280. it got the best Temps tied with the corsair model last year in Gamers Nexus' thorough tests.

The Louvre

10 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Water coolers I've seen all look pretty ?

Eventually I'd probably try overclocking, but I don't know what benefit it would give me? 

4 hours ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

1080p on a 1080ti is wasted potential. 1070s are what you want for ultra 1080 and high 1440p but Ok. Still, I recommend the CLC 280. it got the best Temps tied with the corsair model last year in Gamers Nexus' thorough tests.

Well its a year old.. and I thought why not try and build my own PC this time.. so far I've got an i7 9700k, 32gb optane, ASUS Maximus X Hero motherboard.

My old PC is a i7 3770k.. so... crappy.. now Ekkk ?