Finding OS

I have been wanting to try mac OS for a long time but I just do not know where to find it. I have acsess to a mac laptop if that helps. I was also wondering if anyone knows if i can run os mojave an a xeon x5650 and gtx 1050ti

You have to download mac OS from the app store in a specific way, google around for the answer, I haven't done it in a while. 

With that said, I have no idea if it'll run on that hardware. 

Not to be that guy, but Hackintosh discussion is not allowed on here (for whatever reason, I assume legal)

But, from experience, I would say probably, but head on over to Tony-MacX86 - a dedicated Hackintosh community. They helped me get setup and over several roadblocks when setting up my system. Installing is quite simple, albeit more confusing than Windows - I'm sure someone there will walk you through it

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

personally i downloaded it somewhere with a vm, scanned it inside it and exported it into my windows machine together with a vmware extention. now i can run mojave in a vm

Just now, limegorilla said:

Not to be that guy, but Hackintosh discussion is not allowed on here (for whatever reason, I assume legal)

But, from experience, I would say probably, but head on over to Tony-MacX86 - a dedicated Hackintosh community. They helped me get setup and over several roadblocks when setting up my system. Installing is quite simple, albeit more confusing than Windows - I'm sure someone there will walk you through it

it is allowed... while back it updated. read in the cs

Edited by LukeSavenije

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

it is allowed... while back it updated. read in the cs

Your kidding. Lols shows how much attention I pay

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

3 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

Your kidding. Lols shows how much attention I pay

I'm not... it's been for months already, otherwise my post would be against the cs too, as it is technically hackingtosh related

In which case, @LukeSavenije's option of VM'ing it is a good one - one I have used in the past. You said that you have a MacBook though OP? In which case, the best way to do so is to download MacOS Mojave from the App Store. It will download the app - which you can forget about. Use this guide (Apple.com) to create bootable media, and then this guide (tonymacx86.com) to install Clover Bootloader onto it. That's a very condensed version - but its what worked for me. This will install it as a fully fledged OS to your operating system, and if you want you can dual-boot with Windows. I'm not an expert on what kexts you would need, but the links I gave should give you a good starting point

Bow down to me humans.

Didn't know the rules changed, but hey I'm happy they did!

Well like others mentioned TonyMacx86 is a great resource! I'd add a few cups of coffee and a sprinkle buttloads of patience and you'll be on your way.

If you are lucky all your motherboards features work in macOS, sadly this isn't the case for the majority.

Expect quite a few kernel panics and lockups.

What I noticed when trying to get a Hackingtosh running is, after a failed install it is really helpful to format the drive using GParted.

Using Disk Management during the installation somehow didn't do it any good, rather it would error out more and more.

Get a spare USB key with GParted to prevent having to reinstall Windows just in case.

Besides that a rescue USB key with Windows 10 is always handy just in case things go t*ts up.

Notice the "if" & "just in case" 's

Unless a person has installed the exact version of macOS on exactly your hardware, your mileage might will vary!

Good luck :)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*