Nvidia Said We Couldn't Game On This...

Auto translate available with Chrome, that makes the site easier to read. But I still can't complete a purchase. Tried IE and Chrome, can't add anything to cart.

Made it to a checkout page, and it wants my "pay password"? No idea what that's about. I'm not typing my Paypal password in, if that's what they're looking for.   ;)

46 minutes ago, xtrap225 said:

i am in Ontario, and i seemingly was able to purchase one from this seller.  now i just have to wait for a month or two while it comes.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.710e2e8d6L0COu&id=566128018997&_u=i3le4f5rafcd

Feel like ordering another and I'll Interac you a few bucks??    :)

5 minutes ago, Brolo said:

Made it to a checkout page, and it wants my "pay password"? No idea what that's about. I'm not typing my Paypal password in, if that's what they're looking for.   ;)

your pay password is just a 6 digit (numbers only by my understanding) password that you set at that time.  make sure you keep that i accidentally lost mine ( I randomly generated it and thought i had saved it in my password manager but oops).

sounds like you are very close to finishing the purchase.

Thanks for the help! That 6 digit code was the last hurdle. Order completed, 480 Yuan card on the way to BC.   :)

9 minutes ago, Brolo said:

Thanks for the help! That 6 digit code was the last hurdle. Order completed, 480 Yuan card on the way to BC.   :)

YAY!

here is hoping we both get good ones!

i just modified the latest driver (417.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql), can't wait for it to come.  obviously i don't know these modifications will work for sure until i test it, but i have a pretty high confidence; famous last words.

https://github.com/xtrap225/NVIDIA_P106

9 minutes ago, xtrap225 said:
10 minutes ago, xtrap225 said:

i just modified the latest driver (417.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql)

Any chance you could share?? Would save me some fiddling. I don't trust myself to do the modifications right.

1 minute ago, Brolo said:

the two modified files are in the github, just download the latest driver from nvidia extract it using winrar or 7zip or using its self extraction, then replace the two .inf files from the github.  i also modified the readme so in the future it will be easier to figure out how to modify them yourself.

i also theoretically set it to 'rename' the p106 to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6G, in the device manager.  i hope.

2 hours ago, Brolo said:

I tried Taobao with Google Translate and just couldn't complete a purchase. Anyone in Greater Vancouver Area know how to read Chinese and want to set up a group buy?    :) 

I'm in! :) 

46 minutes ago, xtrap225 said:

the two modified files are in the github

Do those modded files (for drivers 416.34) also work with the newer drivers 417.71? Just swap them in?

For those ordering, be warned that you have to specify which brand card you want, otherwise the seller can send you a random one (MSI, Gigabyte, Galaxy, Colourful, Gainward)

7 hours ago, Brolo said:

Do those modded files (for drivers 416.34) also work with the newer drivers 417.71? Just swap them in?

i took the 417.71 files from the download, modded them and upped them to my own fork of that github

2 hours ago, Rent-A-Worker said:

For those ordering, be warned that you have to specify which brand card you want, otherwise the seller can send you a random one (MSI, Gigabyte, Galaxy, Colourful, Gainward)

yes that is unfortunate, i didn't get that info until it is probably too late, i am trying to ping the seller and see if he can make sure to send me an MSI or Gigabyte but otherwise i guess it will be random luck. 

now it looks like that item is sold out so unless he was saving the best for last i am betting we don't get lucky on the brand.  oh well, as much as i might think it might make a difference, the real test will be when the gaming begins.

I still aked can the card be used for render video and other think on a win7 virtual pc?

From AT. :x

depending on the MAKE we get we may have to use a different modification to get good results.  putting this in here for future reference or those that are interested.

https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/post.php

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/30969-modding-nvidia-oem-inf-files/

https://devicehunt.com/view/type/pci/vendor/10DE

Well, hopefully it all works out. Worth a shot to get a $300 graphics value for sub $100.   :)

I bought a relatively high end machine, five plus years ago. It's moderate now, with a Radeon R9 270x. Going from that to a GTX1060 GPU would be quite a boost.

Hello all! I'm new to this forum, and like many others I was drawn to this by LTT's video. 

I strongly dislike leeches who ask for advice and contribute nothing in return, so I will try to avoid being that myself.

After weighing the pros and cons, I decided that the pros strongly outweighed the potential risks, so I decided to drop some money on a P106-100. 

Taobao sellers are reluctant to sell internationally for the same reason a US-based eBay seller would be reluctant to sell to me, a Malaysian citizen: international shipping and logistics, customs clearance, and unfamiliarity with the system, all contribute to sellers simply sticking with a "no, we don't ship internationally" stance. Plus, the entirety of Taobao's UI is in Chinese, which makes it difficult for buyers in the first place.

There are services known as Taobao "Agents", who essentially act as middlemen. Agents are logistics experts whose sole purpose is buying products from Taobao and shipping them abroad. Established agents typically own their own warehouse in China, and will typically do all of the necessary negotiation with the seller on your behalf. Of course, that means you will have to pay more shipping, as well as a service fee on top of it. That being said, it saves you from a lot of the hassle. 

I personally used buy2taobao (aka buy2you), and it cost me $8-10 on top of the base product from Taobao. Shipping costs will vary, obviously. Just putting this information out there.

Anyway, my card is still on the way, and I will update when I've managed to install the drivers. I will modify the driver inf files myself, because it looks simple enough. Honestly a lot of people are turned off by the illusion that their computers will be flooded with malware from suspicious drivers, but for crying out loud you can modify the drivers yourself. Oh well, at least their reluctance will keep the price for the cards low.

This will actually be my first PC build, but I'm not super tech illiterate so I'm not worried. I'm still choosing the other parts, and haven't decided if I want to go for Intel or Radeon. Obviously if I wanted to stay safe, I'll stick to a build similar to what Linus demonstrated in his video. But I've seen another forum post where it appears that someone got it working with AMD parts, but didn't elaborate how. Does anyone know anything about it?

And to the one person commenting on how the card appears to be limited to PCIE 1.1 speeds, I thought all of the P10x cards had PCIE 1.0? Which is why I discarded my initial idea to try to use it as a laptop eGPU, because it would bottleneck so hard I'm not sure it would even surpass my laptop's built in 760M GPU.

For anyone trying to order this internationally, i've contacted the seller with their chat client and got a automated message that international customers wanting to purchase p106-100 can do so using this link:

中国客户请联系微信15876526861 姚先生 魔改企鹅群可以加709573181 欢迎交流
If you are a foreign guest, you can buy P106-100 at the link below. Thank you for your support.
https://shop.tbfocus.com/item.php?id=554770906053

Guess the seller got a lot of international orders after the video :)

23 hours ago, Gixy said:

For anyone trying to order this internationally, i've contacted the seller with their chat client and got a automated message that international customers wanting to purchase p106-100 can do so using this link:

If you are a foreign guest, you can buy P106-100 at the link below. Thank you for your support.

Yep, this link is a service from a Taobao agent, which I described in my post. So, use whichever agent y'all feel comfortable with.

Is is true that these cards are limited to PCIE 1.1?

2 hours ago, netseek said:

Is is true that these cards are limited to PCIE 1.1?

that does seem to be true but i will know for sure when i get one. even so it will be a great upgrade for me.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:52 AM, xtrap225 said:

that does seem to be true but i will know for sure when i get one. even so it will be a great upgrade for me.

yes that is kind of strange but indeed on the gpu-z prints I have seen so far all shows pcie 1.1

but if you look seems some versions are 3.0 (nvidia en evga imlementations).

I'm getting one for rendering purposes, but I was also thinking about trying to set it up as egpu. Didn't see any of such implementatino so far.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:50 PM, Gixy said:

Hi dude, thank you SO MUCH for the link.
Quick question, why does it say GTX 260 below in the product description?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

On 1/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, GabenJr said:

It’s a shame that so many of those dedicated mining GPUs are useless now, isn’t it? But even with no outputs, Chinese hackers made it so they can still game! Or have they…

Buy a mining "GTX 1060" on Taobao: https://lmg.gg/8KV6L

Buy a real GTX 1060:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/rveAUH
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6B

dude, you and Linus together could friggin hack NASA or something :) 

but really great videos u guys