Nvidia Said We Couldn't Game On This...

1 hour ago, Exarkun631 said:

Oh derp, I meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen 1070s  lololololoz

Yes! This reply is what I came for.

The card you are looking for is the P104-100.

Still, you would need those unsigned drivers I'd think, because it will (probably) not recognize the P104-100 as the second card for a SLI setup.

@LinusTech If I already had a 1070, I would buy a P104-100, try to flash the BIOS to a normal card and put it in the second slot. No need for an output if it isn't your primary card.

Another option for multi-GPU is the DX12 solution, but if it'll work at all is a question, the second question would be if it's worth it when only a single game supports DX12 multiGPU.

No signature found

3 hours ago, mariushm said:

Why would you do this, when you can buy regular or mining RX 570 cards (with at least a DVI port) on eBay for as low as 90$ ? 

Because a 1060 is better than a 570.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

You can actually find bog-standard RX 480s for cheaper on taobao, a 4gb card is only 418 yuan :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

It'd bet it'd be a huge hassle in the end until Nvidia steps up.

I'm having difficulty actually browsing taobao...

By the way, Linus hurt my feelings a little when he said 1060's aren't worth a PCI-e slot. *cries in 3GB*

No signature found

@GabenJr taobao should have their own appointed forwarders when you checkout the items, the seller ships to their local warehouse and you tell them to ship to your address after everything's in their warehouse.

Screenshot's on mobile but 2nd option is for the forwarder. First option's for direct shipping to your location if you have it.

Screenshot_2019-01-15-09-36-46-418_com.taobao.taobao.thumb.png.3d0db355e159db21faad808d46431feb.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Well, that's great if you understand Greek, but I can't figure it out. It's all Chinese to me.

No signature found

1 hour ago, ssersergio said:

Do you have something like a guide or something like that? because it could be worth the try to take some random Amd and this gtx to test it, do you think it will work with two nvidia?

Welcome to the LTT forums! For which part? The Freesync or substituting another GPU? For the substitution, I imagine that you grab another GPU (this may only work with an AMD card since I believe that each brand has their driver applied to all of their installed GPUs, but I may be wrong, as I don't have a multi-GPU setup with more than two cards from the same company in one machine.) setup as your default GPU and follow the guide of the LTT video (or the included one to a point from tech yes city) that started as listed except for the fact (of course) that you have another GPU set as your default rather than the Intel IGPU. Of course as this is all new, this is very theoretical. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Don't you know a guy in new york who does soldering professionally?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

Because a 1060 is better than a 570.

For gaming.

By a not impressive margin.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I bet it would work in an eGPU box to the laptop's screen! I hate ewaste.

2 hours ago, RobbinM said:

I'm having difficulty actually browsing taobao...

By the way, Linus hurt my feelings a little when he said 1060's aren't worth a PCI-e slot. *cries in 3GB*

He means for mining.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

It was was meant as a millenial overly sensitive quickly triggered joke from my side.

I must, by the way, say that I loved Anthony starring in this video. He is a little camera shy but he seems to have lots of knowledge on these kind of subjects. He also impressed me with the 10Gb internet video. He's like LTT's own Wendell.

No signature found

it looks like it has through pins for connectors

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I just dumb or what but i see a solder pad for hdmi connection in the clickbait picture of the card mybe posibble to just solder hdmi con on the board with out mod the driver

Could this card work for video editing ? - Davinci Resolve, Premiere

I don't know if I agree with a P106 'not being worth the PCIe slot'. Sure, if we're talking high end workstations, that might be the case, but I think there are plenty of people with home/SMB servers who would consider it for an entry level video transcoding/machine learning accelerator. Even with its tensor cores, an RTX 2060 is only 2 times faster than a GTX 1060/P106 (edit: actually, judging by Phoronix's latest benchmarks more like 1.5 times) in machine learning while being 5 times more expensive than your P106 (if you can really get it in your hands for $70, I'd think it's more like $100 shipped). But even at 100 $/€, it's in impulse buy territory. If I was really into machine learning, I'd get a Turing card, but if I was just thinking about toying around with it, a $100 P106 would look like a lot more justifiable purchase.

Also, you're not really so naive as to think Nvidia would prolong the life of their previous gen cards because of e-waste concerns, are you?

For those who are afraid of an undervolt, run MSI Afterburner and set the value of PL to +50.

Guys this look pretty Strange..... On GabenJr TaoBao link it Says its a  GTX 260 with 2 Gigs VRam with GDDR3. What do you think about this?

Screenshot_1.png

10 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Welcome to the LTT forums! For which part? The Freesync or substituting another GPU? For the substitution, I imagine that you grab another GPU (this may only work with an AMD card since I believe that each brand has their driver applied to all of their installed GPUs, but I may be wrong, as I don't have a multi-GPU setup with more than two cards from the same company in one machine.) setup as your default GPU and follow the guide of the LTT video (or the included one to a point from tech yes city) that started as listed except for the fact (of course) that you have another GPU set as your default rather than the Intel IGPU. Of course as this is all new, this is very theoretical. 

Thanks! and also thanks for the welcome ? That video helped me a lot to choose not to try it, while seems like a good option, 70USD for 1060 Performance is perfect, what i have right now is a 1050Ti, borrowed from a friend, so i should buy also an Amd graphic to get it to work. What i saw in that video is that the Rx470 could be in that spot, but there isn't too much difference from my 1050Ti. I may think of some Rx570 that they have there for 120 more or less, i have to think about it!

17 hours ago, GabenJr said:

It’s a shame that so many of those dedicated mining GPUs are useless now, isn’t it? But even with no outputs, Chinese hackers made it so they can still game! Or have they…

Buy a mining "GTX 1060" on Taobao: https://lmg.gg/8KV6L

Buy a real GTX 1060:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/rveAUH
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6B

Is anyone able to test if this card can work with GPU rendering? Let's say with octanebench :

https://render.otoy.com/octanebench/

I saw many people asking about this card accelerating CUDA tasks.