Fan setup in Fractal Design Meshify C

Yaegerman513

I have a Meshify C with 3 Noctua Industrial PPC fans, two font one top and one fan that came in the case, is this an okay setup? or should I try something else?

Seems fine to me. Mine's running two Corsair ML140s in front, a Noctua NF-S12B in back and two Enermax pieces of junk up top because they were the only PWM fans I had left at the time.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Front intake and rear / top exhaust is good.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Seems fine to me. Mine's running two Corsair ML140s in front, a Noctua NF-S12B in back and two Enermax pieces of junk up top because they were the only PWM fans I had left at the time.

Really? I figured the overkill fans were actually detrimental to my thermals.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Front intake and rear / top exhaust is good.

How would that work exactly? 

7 minutes ago, Yaegerman513 said:

Really? I figured the overkill fans were actually detrimental to my thermals.

No, more airflow is good. It's only detrimental to your wallet and possibly ears if you're running loud fans.

6 minutes ago, Yaegerman513 said:

How would that work exactly? 

If you mean which direction fans are facing, the side with the frame is exhaust.open-grille.png

40-Airflow.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@WoodenMarker

I have the top as intake, but wouldn't there be more to it than what's in the pic? like if moved the top to t/back exaust instead of t/front intake wouldn't that just push out where the front two would just intake it back through the system?

7 minutes ago, Yaegerman513 said:

I have the top as intake, but wouldn't there be more to it than what's in the pic? like if moved the top to t/back exaust instead of t/front intake wouldn't that just push out where the front two would just intake it back through the system?

A bit of the air would make it back to the front eventually but fans generally aren't powerful enough to do so before the air returns to room temperature. 

@WoodenMarker

Alrighty I'll try t/rear exhaust and see what that gets me, since I just feel like my thermals should be better than what they are.

Just now, Yaegerman513 said:

Alrighty I'll try t/rear exhaust and see what that gets me, since I just feel like my thermals should be better than what they are.

Specs and temps?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Specs and temps?

i7-7700k (currently running stock)

64gb DDR4 (also stock)

GTX 1080ti

running a Noctua NHD-15 cooler and I idle around 25-40C under load can see upwards of 55-70C 

2 minutes ago, Yaegerman513 said:

i7-7700k (currently running stock)

64gb DDR4 (also stock)

GTX 1080ti

running a Noctua NHD-15 cooler and I idle around 25-40C under load can see upwards of 55-70C 

What motherboard are you using and are you using the default motherboard settings?

What motherboard are you using and are you using the default motherboard settings?

It's an ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E gaming board, I reset BIOS to default with only NVme settings changed

3 minutes ago, Yaegerman513 said:

It's an ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E gaming board, I reset BIOS to default with only NVme settings changed

By default, Asus Multicore Enhancement is enabled which is effectively an auto OC. Coupled with core voltage left at Auto and you can expect high core voltage and high temps. I recommend setting core voltage manually if you want lower temps. If you want to oc, do it manually and disable MCE. 

By default, Asus Multicore Enhancement is enabled which is effectively an auto OC. Coupled with core voltage left at Auto and you can expect high core voltage and high temps. I recommend setting core voltage manually if you want lower temps. If you want to oc, do it manually and disable MCE. 

Didn't know that, alrighty thanks