NEED HELP // Programs unable to write files in documents

RokasOnline
Go to solution Solved by RokasOnline,
1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Before you run the program, right click on the icon and choose "run as administrator", see if that helps/solves anything. Report back.

Tried it, doesn't help

Edit: It is because of the safe files, secured folders option in my BitDefender... Turned it off and it's fixed, wasn't Windows problem after all.

Hello, I need help with my Windows machine. I have built my first custom PC, I first installed windows 10 without a key, later I bought a key for Windows 10 Pro and upgraded it.

The problem I have is that some of my software can't work properly, because they are unable to write in some directories.

I noticed this yesterday on two occasions:

01. A game Sid Meiers Civilization: I can't save the game. I press the save button, but it then does not appear in my documents folder, nor in the game itself. Also, every time I open the game, it is like it is opened for the first time because it clearly cannot save any preferences in that folder.

02. Software ZBrush: I literally can't open the software, because when I do, I get the errors, first one being:
Unable to save file C:/Users/Public/Documents/ZBrushData2018/ZBrushScratchDiskPath

And then it is followed by another error:
FILE WRITE ERROR: Sorry, the disk space is critically low. ...

I only have one 2tb SSD drive in my desktop and it is half empty right now.

I tried opening programs as an administrator, also tried messing with sharing options and unchecking read-only options for Documents folder, but nothing worked for me.

Also, when I open those locations, for example where the game saves files, it is completely empty, but I can create or modify anything inside it, so it seems like I have the permission to do so, but not when I run the programs itself.

I suspect reinstalling windows might help, but I really don't want to do that, as I would have to reinstall so many things again. Anyone have any ideas, please? Thank you

16 minutes ago, RokasOnline said:

Thank you

Before you run the program, right click on the icon and choose "run as administrator", see if that helps/solves anything. Report back.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Tried it, doesn't help

Edit: It is because of the safe files, secured folders option in my BitDefender... Turned it off and it's fixed, wasn't Windows problem after all.