Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marselix

GTX 1050 TI Windforce OC+i5-4440,240W Power Supply Would work?

The OP showed me a photo of the PSU:

 

http://www.lc-power.com/en/product/netzteile/standard/lc420h-8-v13/

 

thoughts? its peak 420w.

 

@BlockedTheShot @fasauceome @Mr.Sir

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,So I Got GTX 1050TI Windforce OC And i Have I5-4440 3.1ghz...My Power Supply Is 240W
And I Wonder If Would Work OR I May Damage My Components?
(Do Not Have Any DVD Burner,Only SD Card Reader+Monitor 60hz+SSD Disk 500GB)
CPU Takes 84 TDP (If Im Not Mistaking) And Graphic Card 75 TDP),GPU Has 6PIN Witch Means It Needs More Power IDK How much And The Rest Goes To Waste Or It Stays For Lets Say Another Components?
U Can Also List Which PSU Would Be My Best Choice,And If On This Current PSU Would Work With Any Problems Like Overheat ITC....
Also TDP Would Be Lets Say Around 160,...On Spect For GPU It Says 400w PSU Minimum...Thanks For Your Answers :)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My main concern would be if your power supply had a 6 pin to accommodate your graphics card


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - Asus DirectCU GTX 760 - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marselix said:

Hello,So I Got GTX 1050TI Windforce OC And i Have I5-4440 3.1ghz...My Power Supply Is 240W
And I Wonder If Would Work OR I May Damage My Components?
(Do Not Have Any DVD Burner,Only SD Card Reader+Monitor 60hz+SSD Disk 500GB)
CPU Takes 84 TDP (If Im Not Mistaking) And Graphic Card 75 TDP),GPU Has 6PIN Witch Means It Needs More Power IDK How much And The Rest Goes To Waste Or It Stays For Lets Say Another Components?
U Can Also List Which PSU Would Be My Best Choice,And If On This Current PSU Would Work With Any Problems Like Overheat ITC....
Also TDP Would Be Lets Say Around 160,...On Spect For GPU It Says 400w PSU Minimum...Thanks For Your Answers :)
 

It wouldn't be comfortable at all, I would just buy a 550-600W psu for future upgrades.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marselix said:

Hello,So I Got GTX 1050TI Windforce OC And i Have I5-4440 3.1ghz...My Power Supply Is 240W
And I Wonder If Would Work OR I May Damage My Components?
(Do Not Have Any DVD Burner,Only SD Card Reader+Monitor 60hz+SSD Disk 500GB)
CPU Takes 84 TDP (If Im Not Mistaking) And Graphic Card 75 TDP),GPU Has 6PIN Witch Means It Needs More Power IDK How much And The Rest Goes To Waste Or It Stays For Lets Say Another Components?
U Can Also List Which PSU Would Be My Best Choice,And If On This Current PSU Would Work With Any Problems Like Overheat ITC....
Also TDP Would Be Lets Say Around 160,...On Spect For GPU It Says 400w PSU Minimum...Thanks For Your Answers :)
 

send us a photo of the psu sticker, it should be okay but if its a carpet bomb 240w it wont be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr.Sir said:

It wouldn't be comfortable at all, I would just buy a 550-600W psu for future upgrades.

This, while normal 1050 tis don't need an extra connector, the OC ones(a lot of the time) do.

 

I'd go with a 550w-650w personally

 

Also browse this psu tier list(personally won't go lower than tier 4)

 


Damn....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

My main concern would be if your power supply had a 6 pin to accommodate your graphics card

I Needed To Order 2x3 pin to 6 pin splitter

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

send us a photo of the psu sticker, it should be okay but if its a carpet bomb 240w it wont be.

Where Do i Send,Sry Its My First Time Using This Webpage,From Look I Can Say That PSU May Wont Handle One Of The Reasons It Doesnt Have 6 PIN I Needed To Order 2x3 pin to 6pin Splitter

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mr.Sir said:

It wouldn't be comfortable at all, I would just buy a 550-600W psu for future upgrades.

That is wildly overkill, a 450 watt is plenty to upgrade to a decent CPU down the line and still have overhead for a powerful graphics card. 


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - Asus DirectCU GTX 760 - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That is wildly overkill, a 450 watt is plenty to upgrade to a decent CPU down the line and still have overhead for a powerful graphics card. 

I Would Agree On This Since 50-100w More Than You Need Would Be Recommended

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marselix said:

I Would Agree On This Since 50-100w More Than You Need Would Be Recommended

My rig draws 400 watts so if you plan on an i7 and a 1060 in the future it's gonna sip power


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - Asus DirectCU GTX 760 - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

thoughts? its peak 420w.

Not too sure I trust that but also It's still gonna be enough power at 1/3 of that, a quad core and a 1050 ti don't exactly heat a room/


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - Asus DirectCU GTX 760 - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

My main concern would be if your power supply had a 6 pin to accommodate your graphics card

1050 ti is plug n play, 6 pin is only for ocing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ears_ears said:

1050 ti is plug n play, 6 pin is only for ocing

Does it actually function without 6 pin? my 650 won't put up with PCIe only, despite 65 watt power draw


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - Asus DirectCU GTX 760 - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Does it actually function without 6 pin? my 650 won't put up with PCIe only, despite 65 watt power draw

it should 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

it should 

It Wont I Tryed That...It Boots Fans But When Computer Boots It Says That Needs 6PIN Connection,Maybe On Some Of Graphic OC Works But Defenetly Not On Windforce OC....It Says That Is 75TDP But Maybe Becuse Of OC Version Or Safety Wont Boot Without 6PIN

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marselix said:

It Wont I Tryed That...It Boots Fans But When Computer Boots It Says That Needs 6PIN Connection,Maybe On Some Of Graphic OC Works But Defenetly Not On Windforce OC....It Says That Is 75TDP But Maybe Becuse Of OC Version Or Safety

Cuz its an oc version

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, ears_ears said:

Cuz its an oc version

Yeah IK That... Since Stock Should Go Cus You Need Program To Boost The GPU And Prbly Why Wont Boot Even If Stock Till You Boost it Is For Safety (75TDS) Boost (75+) If U Get Me

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×