GTX 1050 TI Windforce OC+i5-4440,240W Power Supply Would work?

Marselix
Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,

The OP showed me a photo of the PSU:

http://www.lc-power.com/en/product/netzteile/standard/lc420h-8-v13/

thoughts? its peak 420w.

@BlockedTheShot @fasauceome @Mr.Sir

Hello,So I Got GTX 1050TI Windforce OC And i Have I5-4440 3.1ghz...My Power Supply Is 240W
And I Wonder If Would Work OR I May Damage My Components?
(Do Not Have Any DVD Burner,Only SD Card Reader+Monitor 60hz+SSD Disk 500GB)
CPU Takes 84 TDP (If Im Not Mistaking) And Graphic Card 75 TDP),GPU Has 6PIN Witch Means It Needs More Power IDK How much And The Rest Goes To Waste Or It Stays For Lets Say Another Components?
U Can Also List Which PSU Would Be My Best Choice,And If On This Current PSU Would Work With Any Problems Like Overheat ITC....
Also TDP Would Be Lets Say Around 160,...On Spect For GPU It Says 400w PSU Minimum...Thanks For Your Answers :)

My main concern would be if your power supply had a 6 pin to accommodate your graphics card

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, Marselix said:

Hello,So I Got GTX 1050TI Windforce OC And i Have I5-4440 3.1ghz...My Power Supply Is 240W
CPU Takes 84 TDP (If Im Not Mistaking) And Graphic Card 75 TDP),GPU Has 6PIN Witch Means It Needs More Power IDK How much And The Rest Goes To Waste Or It Stays For Lets Say Another Components?
U Can Also List Which PSU Would Be My Best Choice,And If On This Current PSU Would Work With Any Problems Like Overheat ITC....
Also TDP Would Be Lets Say Around 160,...On Spect For GPU It Says 400w PSU Minimum...Thanks For Your Answers :)

It wouldn't be comfortable at all, I would just buy a 550-600W psu for future upgrades.

15 minutes ago, Marselix said:

send us a photo of the psu sticker, it should be okay but if its a carpet bomb 240w it wont be.

8 hours ago, Mr.Sir said:

It wouldn't be comfortable at all, I would just buy a 550-600W psu for future upgrades.

This, while normal 1050 tis don't need an extra connector, the OC ones(a lot of the time) do.

I'd go with a 550w-650w personally

Also browse this psu tier list(personally won't go lower than tier 4)

Damn....

9 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

My main concern would be if your power supply had a 6 pin to accommodate your graphics card

I Needed To Order 2x3 pin to 6 pin splitter

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

send us a photo of the psu sticker, it should be okay but if its a carpet bomb 240w it wont be.

Where Do i Send,Sry Its My First Time Using This Webpage,From Look I Can Say That PSU May Wont Handle One Of The Reasons It Doesnt Have 6 PIN I Needed To Order 2x3 pin to 6pin Splitter

15 minutes ago, Mr.Sir said:

That is wildly overkill, a 450 watt is plenty to upgrade to a decent CPU down the line and still have overhead for a powerful graphics card. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That is wildly overkill, a 450 watt is plenty to upgrade to a decent CPU down the line and still have overhead for a powerful graphics card. 

I Would Agree On This Since 50-100w More Than You Need Would Be Recommended

9 minutes ago, Marselix said:

Where Do i Send,Sry Its My First Time Using This Webpage,From Look I Can Say That PSU May Wont Handle One Of The Reasons It Doesnt Have 6 PIN I Needed To Order 2x3 pin to 6pin Splitter

Attach it to the forum post.

15 minutes ago, Marselix said:

I Would Agree On This Since 50-100w More Than You Need Would Be Recommended

My rig draws 400 watts so if you plan on an i7 and a 1060 in the future it's gonna sip power

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

thoughts? its peak 420w.

Not too sure I trust that but also It's still gonna be enough power at 1/3 of that, a quad core and a 1050 ti don't exactly heat a room/

Primary PC:

2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

1050 ti is plug n play, 6 pin is only for ocing

1 minute ago, ears_ears said:

1050 ti is plug n play, 6 pin is only for ocing

Does it actually function without 6 pin? my 650 won't put up with PCIe only, despite 65 watt power draw

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Does it actually function without 6 pin? my 650 won't put up with PCIe only, despite 65 watt power draw

it should 

17 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

it should 

It Wont I Tryed That...It Boots Fans But When Computer Boots It Says That Needs 6PIN Connection,Maybe On Some Of Graphic OC Works But Defenetly Not On Windforce OC....It Says That Is 75TDP But Maybe Becuse Of OC Version Or Safety Wont Boot Without 6PIN

Just now, Marselix said:

It Wont I Tryed That...It Boots Fans But When Computer Boots It Says That Needs 6PIN Connection,Maybe On Some Of Graphic OC Works But Defenetly Not On Windforce OC....It Says That Is 75TDP But Maybe Becuse Of OC Version Or Safety

Cuz its an oc version

Just now, ears_ears said:

Cuz its an oc version

Yeah IK That... Since Stock Should Go Cus You Need Program To Boost The GPU And Prbly Why Wont Boot Even If Stock Till You Boost it Is For Safety (75TDS) Boost (75+) If U Get Me