Cheap but good quality RGB strips?

rnhbs

I need recommendations for an affordable ($40AUD<) RGB strip that's usb powered or comes with an AC adapter. 

I've seen some on Amazon but reviews state that theyre either not bright or that the controller is shit. There seem to be none which are affordable and of good quality. Please help!

On 1/13/2019 at 3:25 PM, narrdarr said:

Phanteks DIGITAL RGB LED STARTER KIT

I have this and it pretty Damn good. Plus you can expand on it with using the digital halos fan frame

Can confirm this. I have the anaolgue version. Quality strips and if you get the combo set it includes adapters and other stuff you might need. 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:25 PM, narrdarr said:

Phanteks DIGITAL RGB LED STARTER KIT

I have this and it pretty Damn good. Plus you can expand on it with using the digital halos fan frame

I have to agree with this.. I also use it.. But, since my motherboard doesn't have the matching RGB header with the kit, I use the external controller. But again, my concern on this kit is it can't switch the RGB strip off with the external controller, we must plug off the SATA power inside the system to turn it off. I wish it can be turn off by the external controller..

Why I want to turn the RBG off? It's because I don't want to attract my toddlers attention when around, I want to have option to turn the RGB on/off from the external controller.. Phanteks, why you did this??

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

40 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I have to agree with this.. I also use it.. But, since my motherboard doesn't have the matching RGB header with the kit, I use the external controller. But again, my concern on this kit is it can't switch the RGB strip off with the external controller, we must plug off the SATA power inside the system to turn it off. I wish it can be turn off by the external controller..

Why I want to turn the RBG off? It's because I don't want to attract my toddlers attention when around, I want to have option to turn the RGB on/off from the external controller.. Phanteks, why you did this?? 

you could make a custom switch

17 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

you could make a custom switch

That would be great if you can show us how to make it..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

15 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

That would be great if you can show us how to make it..

you can do it a couple ways

1. there a sata cable power switches

this will act as an on/off switch through the sata cable

here is an example with multiple

https://www.amazon.com/device-switch-channel-selector-Module/dp/B01MAX56SA

2. you can get a small electrical switch

put it in line on the wire for power for the led stripe wiring.

something like this should work

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-SPST-Mini-Toggle-Switch-ON-ON-On-Off-Solder-Lug-USA-SELLER-/291436639982

4 hours ago, narrdarr said:

you can do it a couple ways

1. there a sata cable power switches

this will act as an on/off switch through the sata cable

here is an example with multiple

https://www.amazon.com/device-switch-channel-selector-Module/dp/B01MAX56SA

Is this attached on the expansion slot? If so, I cant use this as my case is an ITX with only 2 expansion slots which are already occupied by the graphics card.

4 hours ago, narrdarr said:

2. you can get a small electrical switch

put it in line on the wire for power for the led stripe wiring.

something like this should work

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-SPST-Mini-Toggle-Switch-ON-ON-On-Off-Solder-Lug-USA-SELLER-/291436639982

Might use this instead but need soldering (I'm bad in soldering stuff) and idk where I can put this on my case.. ?

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

3 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Is this attached on the expansion slot? Of so, I cant use this as my case is an ITX with only 2 expansion slots which are already occupied by the graphics card.

Might use this instead but need soldering (I'm bad in soldering stuff) and idk where I can put this on my case.. ?

its only set up that way so you can access the switches from the back through the expansion slot but you can actually put it anywhere you want.

the 2nd method is mod and once done it would difficult to revert.