Could risk V be make the best minning motherboard?

I was doing what I imagine every other techie that can't sleep at 5:30 in the morning does, think about what they can do with their spare parts.

Somewhere along the line the thought train went towards mining, and I found that mining motherboard that let you have like 17 gpus on it or something.

Then I was like what else can that motherboard be used for, and it's pretty much limited by the CPU and every GPU getting one 1 pcie Lane, but still I wondered if it could be some kind of GPU render farm.

Maybe future cards could support 20 way SLI for GPU compute only

Then I was wondering what it would take to get around the limitations I'm having one GPU per Lane and why there aren't CPUs with hundreds of Pcie lanes.

And then I was like you know that open source processor, well I bet there would be a ton of people willing to pay like three to five thousand dollars if you could have several hundred PCA Lanes in one unit.

Not only with the savon Hardware cost but it should save on electricity.

Plus the average person with three or four rigs full of 6 gpus, and then they could upgrade for years without needing to get anything other than gpus riser adapters and power supplies.

mining motherboard only provide 1x-4x on each pcie slot which is enough for mining.

there are cpus with high lane count, like AMD epyc (128 lanes on 1 cpu, up to 2x cpu per motherboard)

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

9 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

mining motherboard only provide 1x-4x on each pcie slot which is enough for mining.

there are cpus with high lane count, like AMD epyc (128 lanes on 1 cpu, up to 2x cpu per motherboard)

I wanted to say 1000 PCI Lanes but I didn't want to seem a little impractical

with threadripper is that expensive enough to the point where you might as well have multiple mining rigs, and what about the office shelf Hardware to split every pcie lane into 1 graphics card

yeah i think there's a limitation for each cpu or chipset.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Mining is Asinc now, not GPU.

I'm just thinking theoretical, plus I have one GPU that I'm not using for anything, and it's profitable by itself.

It helps to have a power cost of $0.068 per kilowatt-hour and a heating cost

check out https://whattomine.com/

see if its still profitable

your KWH is not that great, only half cheaper than most people.

14 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

I'm just thinking theoretical, plus I have one GPU that I'm not using for anything, and it's profitable by itself.

It helps to have a power cost of $0.068 per kilowatt-hour and a heating cost

1 GPU does not = 17. XD