Motherboard and PSU not working

Build:

Ryzen 2200g

Gigabyte rx570 

msi b350m m2 pro

evga 500w psu

8 gb ram

250 ssd

I recently helped a friend build a budget gaming rig and when we had set it up and had everything plugged in the computer did not start, at all. I checked the power supply and it did not turn on. After determining that it probably wasn’t the psu after doing the paper clip test and it turned on, the only thing that I believe to be broken is the motherboard. Is there any way to test this on its own, or will I just have to get another psu to try with it or even a new motherboard

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

There are a couple of reasons this could've happened. Are you sure that all of your fans are plugged in? Did you remember the CPU power? Is your 24-pin secured on there? Is your CMOS battery in?

Also, does it turn on then back off, or just do nothing at all? Are you sure the power supply can handle it all? Try booting with one RAM stick, no GPU, etc...

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

10 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

There are a couple of reasons this could've happened. Are you sure that all of your fans are plugged in? Did you remember the CPU power? Is your 24-pin secured on there? Is your CMOS battery in?

Also, does it turn on then back off, or just do nothing at all? Are you sure the power supply can handle it all? Try booting with one RAM stick, no GPU, etc...

It’s is a single 8 gn ram stick. The 24 pin, pc, and fans are all plugged in, the cmos battery is there, and it just straight doesn’t turn on. I’ll check the power ratings and add it up tho.

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

The power supply should be providing enough power to the system.

Did you check if the power button from the case is working and wired properly? 

9 minutes ago, Pyramiden said:

Did you check if the power button from the case is working and wired properly? 

Yes as far as I know. It put it in according the the instructions that came with the case and believe that it is not the problem.

3 hours ago, OmicronEta said:

Yes as far as I know. It put it in according the the instructions that came with the case and believe that it is not the problem.

And what if you short the correct pins on the motherboard with a screwdriver?

And have you verified that the motherboard has got a BIOS update? Since you are running a 2nd gen Ryzen chip on a B350 board?

By the way, does it give no signs of life at all?

You may be right about that power button, but if not it does sound like the PSU or even a short? If it was anything else it would spin up and then shut down.

@Pyramiden could be right, it could just be a BIOS update thing.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

6 hours ago, Pyramiden said:

And what if you short the correct pins on the motherboard with a screwdriver?

And have you verified that the motherboard has got a BIOS update? Since you are running a 2nd gen Ryzen chip on a B350 board?

By the way, does it give no signs of life at all?

It gives no sign of life at all

19 minutes ago, OmicronEta said:

And the motherboard has been updated.

1 hour ago, OmicronEta said:

And we have tried shorting it with no success

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 11:20 PM, ImAlsoRan said:

I have tried a different motherboard and a different power supply. The new motherboard is a gigabyte b450 aorus elite, and with the old PSU it lights up once and then turns off quickly.