RGB Fan and its Connectors

Brasilcat

I'm new to all this computer building fever.

I feel like my biggest problem is with connectors. I have a hard time remembering 2-4-6-8-10-20 pin etc.

Right now my problem is, I purchased a Set of Corsair RGB fans(SP120).

i have a NZXT H500i case that comes with a fan hub. I swapped the NZXT fans with 2 of the corsair fans and I installed the Corsair hub for the last fan. The problem is the Corsair hub comes with 6 4-pin connectors for up to 6 fans powered by a SATA connection. The RGB controller however has a 3 2-pin female connection???

I cant find a compatible connection for thee controller on m motherboard.

I have the ASUS Prime X470 Pro motherboard.

What would you guys recommend to help me solve the problem?

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

2 minutes ago, Brasilcat said:

-SNIP-

The Corsair fans and RGB control is proprietary to their own system, the kits come with the RGB hub and a manual fan controller. If you want to be able to have software based control you need to use their lighting node pro unit with the RGB hub. 

Thank you for the quick reply.

I read on the Corsair website about the Node Pro unit. My problem is not the idea of controlling the RGB. The Corsair fan I installed to replace the OEM NZXT is running and lighted. However, the two additional Corsair fans I installed are running but they are not lighted. Does that mean I installed them correctly and I need the Node Pro? Is there a way I can use the 3 2- pin connectors to control them manually? Am I using the right names? What are those connectors called?

11 minutes ago, Brasilcat said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

I read on the Corsair website about the Node Pro unit. My problem is not the idea of controlling the RGB. The Corsair fan I installed to replace the OEM NZXT is running and lighted. However, the two additional Corsair fans I installed are running but they are not lighted. Does that mean I installed them correctly and I need the Node Pro? Is there a way I can use the 3 2- pin connectors to control them manually? Am I using the right names? What are those connectors called?

That set of three 2 pin cables are not necessary as you are using the manual controller. The cable is only for if you want to have it built in on your case and map for example the reset button to one on the controller. 

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/SP120_RGB_FAN_QSG.pdf

Try swapping the fans around on the RGB hub to see if they are all lighting correctly. 

Image result for sp120 rgb fans

Your advice helped, even though it only helped me realize that the RGB fans I purchased are defective. When I swapped the fans around trying to troubleshoot the problem. Only the connection to fan #1 lit up. All the other connector did not. i'll just have to return them and try to find a different set of RGB fan that work well with my set up.

By the way do you guys have any recomendations?

I have a NZXT H500i tower with the Asus Prime X470-Pro a Ryzen 2700x and a EVGA GTX 1070

BTW, you guys rock!!!

1 minute ago, Brasilcat said:

Your advice helped, even though it only helped me realize that the RGB fans I purchased are defective. When I swapped the fans around trying to troubleshoot the problem. Only the connection to fan #1 lit up. All the other connector did not. i'll just have to return them and try to find a different set of RGB fan that work well with my set up.

By the way do you guys have any recomendations?

I have a NZXT H500i tower with the Asus Prime X470-Pro a Ryzen 2700x and a EVGA GTX 1070

BTW, you guys rock!!!

That's unfortunate, you can probably contact Corsair or the retailer to see if they can replace it. As for other options it depends on what you are looking for if you want to be able to sync the RGB in your system by connecting them to the headers on your motherboard Cooler Master's Master fan or Thermal take's Riing Sync version work well.