CPU_Fan Error

Vyn
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

What cooler? Check that something, preferably AIO pump or CPU fan is connected to CPU fan header. If that is, then check that fan is spinning or pump is working at startup. If they are, you can adjust warnings options in BIOS or disable if needed.

I just got done building my new gaming PC and I have run into the following error: CPU Fan speed error detected. Ensure that the CPU can is properly installed on the CPU_FAN header or adjust/disable the Fan Speed low limit option the UEFI BIOS.

Motherboard is an ASUS Maximum VIII Ranger.

Did you verify the fan is plugged in properly and that the fan speed low limit isn't set too high?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

3 hours ago, Vyn said:

Ensure that the CPU can is properly installed on the CPU_FAN header or adjust/disable the Fan Speed low limit option the UEFI BIOS.

Did you do that?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What cooler? Check that something, preferably AIO pump or CPU fan is connected to CPU fan header. If that is, then check that fan is spinning or pump is working at startup. If they are, you can adjust warnings options in BIOS or disable if needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Did you verify the fan is plugged in properly and that the fan speed low limit isn't set too high?

Yes. I have restated the wire multiple times, including different headers. The fan DOES spin even with the error. I went into the BIOS and saw fan speed limit set to 200rpm. I tried resetting CMOS, turning off QFAN Control, ignoring the fan speed limit, and not running the fan.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It is a stock Intel cooler, I have verified multiple times that the fan is connected using different headers and I have disabled QFAN control including ignoring the fan speed limit.

1 hour ago, Vyn said:

It is a stock Intel cooler, I have verified multiple times that the fan is connected using different headers and I have disabled QFAN control including ignoring the fan speed limit.

Can you just turn warning off then?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv