Liquid Cooling in Spec Omega RGB

Hello I have been wanting do do a custom water loop for some time in my computer. I have a Corsair Spec Omega RGB and I would like to build a soft tubing fairly simple loop for my CPU and Graphics Card. I was thinking that it might be impossible looking at the case but I thought I would ask here. If you are familiar with this case please let me know if this is even a possible task, and if it is what some good parts would be to use in the loop (Not very expensive would be better but still quality). I have never attempted any sort of custom water cooling before so even if it is possible but very challenging I may not want to do it. Thank you for any sort of advice. Also the Spec Omega gets 2/10 from me If you where thinking about getting it.

If you rate the case so low, why don't you get a better case for a loop?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

12 minutes ago, mxk. said:

If you rate the case so low, why don't you get a better case for a loop?

@mxk. I just got the case a month ago thinking it was much larger than it was my problems with the case is that first it has poor cable management and second it tries to be a large case but is very tight like is can fit a 360 rad on the front but it would have to squeeze extremely tight and the power supply shroud gets in the way of the bottom fan third it is hard to build in for example taking off the panels, and routing cables is very tricky and time consuming. I just want to know is it even compatible with a water loop.

1 minute ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

@mxk. I just got the case a month ago thinking it was much larger than it was my problems with the case is that first it has poor cable management and second it tries to be a large case but is very tight like is can fit a 360 rad on the front but it would have to squeeze extremely tight and the power supply shroud gets in the way of the bottom fan. I just want to know is it even compatible with a water loop.

If you work your butt off, it would work. It really all depends on the radiator length (and thickness if your GPU is that long).

I've heard about this case and all its issues, and I really recommend that you get a better case before you start your loop.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

If you work your butt off, it would work. It really all depends on the radiator length (and thickness if your GPU is that long).

I've heard about this case and all its issues, and I really recommend that you get a better case before you start your loop.

@mxk.I was thinking just a 240 rad and I don’t know the legnth of my card but it is the msi gtx 1080 Armor if you know what it is. Everything currently fits with my AIO installed. A kit I was looking is the EK A240G. I don’t have a use for the case right now and I would really hate to have to eat the price of the case so I think I will do it in the case I have now or not at all. (Please don’t judge my cable management I know it’s not amazing but like I said the case is tricky.)

9FF65B43-9162-420B-ACC2-90B2DDC0A8A7.png

4 minutes ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

@mxk.I was thinking just a 240 rad and I don’t know the legnth of my card but it is the msi gtx 1080 Armor if you know what it is. Everything currently fits with my AIO installed. A kit I was looking is the EK A240G. I don’t have a use for the case right now and I would really hate to have to eat the price of the case so I think I will do it in the case I have now or not at all. (Please don’t judge my cable management I know it’s not amazing but like I said the case is tricky.)

Those EK kits are pretty cool, I'm sure you've seen the video that Linus made on them. You'll be fine fitting the rad in from what I can see. Though, where are you going to put the reservoir?

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

Those EK kits are pretty cool, I'm sure you've seen the video that Linus made on them. You'll be fine fitting the rad in from what I can see. Though, where are you going to put the reservoir?

@mxk.The shroud can be partially removed I was thinking I will put it down low where the large hard drives normally go because I am not using them. I’m just not sure if there are mounting things down there, and it will also make cable managing even more of a headache.

Just now, Couzinz Gaming said:

@mxk.The shroud can be partially removed I was thinking I will put it down low where the large hard drives normally go because I am not using them. I’m just not sure if there are mounting things down there, and it will also make cable managing even more of a headache.

I think you should do a little case modding, to be honest. Maybe try and figure out a way to mount the reservoir between the rad and motherboard, with it towards the motherboard as much as possible so you don't restrict airflow too much.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I think you should do a little case modding, to be honest. Maybe try and figure out a way to mount the reservoir between the rad and motherboard, with it towards the motherboard as much as possible so you don't restrict airflow too much.

That would be ideal but I have never attempted something even remotely like that. (I’ve only built 4 or 5 pcs in my life.) I also don’t see how putting the resivior down low would restrict air flow other than maybe hurting the intake fan but it is already obstructed fairly well by the shroud.

3 minutes ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

That would be ideal but I have never attempted something even remotely like that. (I’ve only built 4 or 5 pcs in my life.) I also don’t see how putting the resivior down low would restrict air flow other than maybe hurting the intake fan but it is already obstructed fairly well by the shroud.

Lemme draw out what I meant onto your picture.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

It really depends on the size of the reservoir. I still recommend getting a different case for a more painless process, or for the fact that the case you have right now might now even be able to fit all the loop.

Drawing.png

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

If I remove part of the shroud it give me room to put here rad where I have the yellow circle. This would give me more room and it would be on the bottom so I could use the bottom of the case to help mount it. I would disassemble the case and look at it but its 2am here so I don’t feel like taking apart my computer. @mxk.

C99CCD2B-B0F6-4627-B6B7-95D909A499EE.jpeg

That makes sense, I think that would work. Maybe you should see how big the reservoir is going to end up being, because you might be able to fit it on top of the shroud.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

@mxk.. The resivior is quite small and it also contains the pump. But I just had an idea that might change everything mounting the rad on the top.

11 minutes ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

@mxk.. The resivior is quite small and it also contains the pump. But I just had an idea that might change everything mounting the rad on the top.

Is the airflow better on top? Is there even space for it? The rad and fans might be too thick and touch the motherboard..

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

@mxk. The top is covered with holes and has probably better ventalation than the front it also has support for up to a 280. However my RAM might come in to contact with the fans but it is very close. I can test it with my AIO tomarow and see. I don’t need to worry about my motherboard heatsinks because I cheeped out other the motherboard so it has small heatsinks. I am going to bed now so do expect any more respondes I will let you know how everything fits togeter once I get in there and investigate some more. Thanks for all the help so far.

9 hours ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

@mxk. The top is covered with holes and has probably better ventalation than the front it also has support for up to a 280. However my RAM might come in to contact with the fans but it is very close. I can test it with my AIO tomarow and see. I don’t need to worry about my motherboard heatsinks because I cheeped out other the motherboard so it has small heatsinks. I am going to bed now so do expect any more respondes I will let you know how everything fits togeter once I get in there and investigate some more. Thanks for all the help so far.

Just FYI your AIO might not be the best point of reference since the radiator from EK will have different measurements. Same with the fans, unless you're going to use the same fans.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

57 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Just FYI your AIO might not be the best point of reference since the radiator from EK will have different measurements. Same with the fans, unless you're going to use the same fans.

I plan on using the same fans as I have some ll120s from Corsair and my AIO radiator is larger and thicker than the ek one so if it fits the ek one surely will 

@mxk. If I where to get a new case what would be a good one to do my liquid cooling in that is around $100 I don’t want to go to expensive because i just bought another case about a month ago

8 minutes ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

@mxk. If I where to get a new case what would be a good one to do my liquid cooling in that is around $100 I don’t want to go to expensive because i just bought another case about a month ago

There are a lot of cases that manage space better than your case. Like I said, if you try hard enough you can do it, but the fractal design meshify C has suberb airflow and will support a 240mm rad on the top or front. This case is a little cramped, but there should be space for the reservoir.

Here's a link to someone who did a hardline loop inside of the case

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/gjq48d

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra