Buying a laptop for AI programming and probably training

mafioso

I'm going overseas next month and I cannot carry my PC with me (that's too much of hassle). So I'm planning on buying a laptop that is pretty good, at least enough for me to do multitasking and coding (very important). If it could train at occasional time (or bed time), that would be awesome. I guess I would be able to access the lab's server so rendering at work is a no brainer.

My question is would it be better of buying a 2nd hand XPS, or 2nd hand Macbook, Thinkpad, or any kind of gaming laptop? My budget would be around 800-1000USD (that would be plus tax if it comes to my country as brand new - I'm currently in Vietnam). 

Thank you for coming by.

Mobo: ASRock B150M Pro4s | CPU: Intel core i7 7700 with stock cooler | Storages: 2x80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm + Zotac 120GB | Memory: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury | PSU: 400W HYN 80+ | GPU: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB | Tower: an old one from the other decade | Monitor: ASUS Widescreen 900p + ViewSonic FHD| Speaker: microlab

Where do you want to buy the laptop?

Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

9 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where do you want to buy the laptop?

Any preference on weight and battery life?

I'm buying it from Vietnam, bro.

Preferably lightweight and with good trackpad/kbd and good screen, good battery is optional

Mobo: ASRock B150M Pro4s | CPU: Intel core i7 7700 with stock cooler | Storages: 2x80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm + Zotac 120GB | Memory: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury | PSU: 400W HYN 80+ | GPU: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB | Tower: an old one from the other decade | Monitor: ASUS Widescreen 900p + ViewSonic FHD| Speaker: microlab

9 minutes ago, mafioso said:

I'm buying it from Vietnam, bro.

Preferably lightweight and with good trackpad/kbd and good screen, good battery is optional

Any links of online stores?

Max weight preferred in kg/lbs?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Any links of online stores?

Max weight preferred in kg/lbs?

Yo sure there are bros here in Hanoi I'm looking for a deal at hanoicomputer.com.vn but in fact they have quite narrow choices, some decent Dell, HP and Lenovo Thinkpad but I'm still not with them that much. At the moment I'm putting an eye on this boy:

https://mac24h.vn/mll42-macbook-pro-retina-13-inch-core-i5-16gb-256gb-ssd-new-97.html

Results from hanoicomputer:

Asus UX461UA

Asus UX430UA/UN/UF

Asus UX410UF

Asus UX331UAL/UN

All with non-upgradable RAM and good display. Keyboard not that great though

Desktop specs:

Spoiler