6800k drops OC

Gwyno

So there is a bit of an issue with my cpu. I've used to run my 6800k @4.2ghz (1.225v) but few days ago (after last windows update) I've noticed a bit of a drop of fps; after quick stress test it turned out that all bios settings were brought back to default (3.6ghz cpu, 2133mhz ram, even fancurves). So i tweaked all setting to the point at which they were beforehand but... in windows I'm still running my cpu @3.6ghz (which is stock). So I turned down multiplier a bit (to 4.1ghz) and turned up voltage (to 1.245v)... and in HWM I'm running at 3.4ghz while in stresstest. The hell is happening? 

Specs:

x99a sli plus
dark rock 3
spc supremo 550w 80g+

2x8gb 3000mhz

Did you update your BIOS? Windows update does not have anything to do with BIOS and clock speeds.

Anyhow, update BIOS (or reflash it) and try to re-apply the overclock.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

15 minutes ago, Nocte said:

Did you update your BIOS? Windows update does not have anything to do with BIOS and clock speeds.

Anyhow, update BIOS (or reflash it) and try to re-apply the overclock.

BIOS is updated but I'm bit of afraid of reflashing it (frequent powerlosses in my city)